Thread: Center Hill

Center Hill

My wife and I went to the Hill for 4 days over the 4th. We stayed at a cabin over looking center hill marina and yacht club. One of her friends owns one of the condos that over looks the marina too. Now, she wants to buy one. They have a great view of the lake, and its got a pool and hot tub. All I'm really concerned about is the fishing. This was my first time fishing Center Hill, and I know July isn't the best time of the year to catch fish during the day on a highland reservoir. I caught a few early and late, and even tried unsuccessfully below the dam for some trout. I always drive right past the Hill and go to Dale Hollow. I assume both lakes will fish similarly, but better quality will come from DH. When is best time time to fish Center Hill? When are they going to finish the work on the dam? There will be some real good fishing on the Hill when they get the water all the way up again.

Early Spring and Late Fall is my favorite time to fish CH. Good crankbait bite for both times. It like Dale will humble you many days though. I am pretty sure that the Dam work has been done for a couple of years the company that was doing it from Germany has been gone for a couple of years. As far as I know this is the new lake level for good.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

3. Member
    Our friends, that live in the complex we are looking at, told me they were keeping the water low to finish that new ramp at the dam. Then the Corp would be bringing the lake back up to its old levels. I don't know if that's true or not but it sounded good when they told me anyway.

4. robdy72
    Center hill can be just as good as Dale hollow or better. you just have to fish it enough to learn how and where to fish. This time of year the bite is better at night.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robdy72 View Post
    Center hill can be just as good as Dale hollow or better. you just have to fish it enough to learn how and where to fish. This time of year the bite is better at night.
    +1 on this. When she's on it can be a lot of fun. Night fishing is best now due to the heat and traffic. Have caught tons of great smallmouth on the hill.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robdy72 View Post
    Just riding around and doing the little amount of fishing I did, this weekend. I think I can get it figured out pretty quick. I would just hate to spend all this money on a lake house, on a lake I don't want to fish. I don't think that will be a problem, though.