Power pole micro "Spike" question

Hey fellas,

I was wondering if anyone has tried and been successful at using a modular spike set up like the ones sold on max-gain systems DIY shallow water anchors website. You have 2 sections of spike joined with a connector. As far as I can tell the connecter is seamless so unless someone on here has tried it and it failed I dont see why a 2 piece spike wouldnt work with the power pole micro. I would love to have a 10 or even a 12ft spike set up that I could break down into 2 sections for easier deck storage.

Thanks

2. Member
    I would be interested as well . I have a 10 foot spike I bought that works but it was expensive (shipping) and not much of a gain. 12 foot would be nice.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    I would be interested as well . I have a 10 foot spike I bought that works but it was expensive (shipping) and not much of a gain. 12 foot would be nice.
    Yep on the webpage I was checking out a full kit that I built which was a 8ft spike, 4ft spike, a male and female connection, 4 spike holder deck mounts, a stainless steel tip, and I even added a handle came out to $112 shipped to my place in Utah. For that entire kit i thought the price shipped was very decent. Now I just need to know if it will actually work with the connection piece. Ill probably try to call the company of the website to see if they have any experience with customers doing what Im trying to accomplish other wise I guess ill just be getting a 8ft rod and a tip

4. Member
    Please post up what you find out. I called pp a while back and they said other 3/4 spikes will work. I also asked about a longer spike and they said yes to a point. Flex they said was the enemy there which lead me to the 10 ft spike. Hell the shipping was 125$. To be honest I could live with the flex for another 2-4 ft of usable pole. The lakes I fish don’t have massive flats just steep banks well ok deep flats let’s call them that . I would almost kill to be able to pole down in ten foot of water. I think the problem with the max gain pole is the diameter of the coupling and will the wheels of the micro pass it.IMHO power pole is missing out on a chance to make a little more money. Lol They are a great company and have great customer service and that’s why I have stuck with them . I have always though “I can’t be the only one who would love a longer spike”

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Please post up what you find out. I called pp a while back and they said other 3/4 spikes will work. I also asked about a longer spike and they said yes to a point. Flex they said was the enemy there which lead me to the 10 ft spike. Hell the shipping was 125$. To be honest I could live with the flex for another 2-4 ft of usable pole. The lakes I fish don’t have massive flats just steep banks well ok deep flats let’s call them that . I would almost kill to be able to pole down in ten foot of water. I think the problem with the max gain pole is the diameter of the coupling and will the wheels of the micro pass it.IMHO power pole is missing out on a chance to make a little more money. Lol They are a great company and have great customer service and that’s why I have stuck with them . I have always though “I can’t be the only one who would love a longer spike”
    I hear ya Wallace, Im sure that 8ft would be prefect in the spring when there tight to cover in the shallows but like you said 10ft would be great for when I want to back off the bank a bit