Thread: X19

X19

I’ve been looking at the X19, how does this boat handle 2 or 3 foot chop? Never rode in an xpress boat so I am curious. How long of a rod can the rod locker hold ? I’ve read a bunch about the storage compartments leaking a lot. Just wondering how bad of a leak are we talking about. Any input on these boats would help me out. Thanks

2. Member
    2ft chop is not a issue and my boat actually runs the fastest in about 16-20" chop. Now a honest 3'-4' and you will be slowing down but can still run on plane but 4' will knock you about with too much speed. To be honest no difference than most of the glass boats I have been in and better than some. The only boat I will say that rode better in rough water was the Allison. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

3. Member
    Thanks CJ, what about the leaking storage boxes ? Any truth to this

4. Member
    I came from a nitro, and couldn’t believe the difference in 2-3’ chop. The Xpress has no issues with 2’ wide open. Even in bigger waves, the X19 is better than my last boat. Getting airborne is no longer a problem. The boat stays level and lands soft. I’ve been in a lot of glass boats where you hit that wave just right, go airborne, and the boat goes nose up and lands funny knocking your guts loose. Not so with the X19.
    As far as the leaking compartments, that is true with the older boats. I’ve heard the newer ones have a lip around the compartments. Maybe someone else can verify that. I bought all new 3/4” bulb gasketing and sealed it with silicone as I put it on. Not much moisture in the compartments since. My boat is an 06’

5. Banned
    Fast stable and built like a tank.
    Unmatched holeshot.
    They do blow around a bit though.

6. Banned
    I too am interested in the x19 - not many of them out there to look at.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ToujoursPrey View Post
    I too am interested in the x19 - not many of them out there to look at.
    New one maybe? It would be worth it for a lifetime of

8. Member
    Just test drove an X19 with a 175 sho. Very impressive boat, if I was blindfolded I wouldn’t think it was aluminum. Rides very well in 2 foot chop.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter1987 View Post
    Just test drove an X19 with a 175 sho. Very impressive boat, if I was blindfolded I wouldn’t think it was aluminum. Rides very well in 2 foot chop.
    What is the price range with TM, batteries, and graphs?
    i am thinking about it for later in life, but it has a raised deck. I am thinking I will need some sidewalls with a lowered deck and a chair to fish from in order to stay dry which is one of my main goals each time out.

10. Member
    Which TM and Graphs ?

11. Member
    Check mine for sale on the boards. 2013 x19
    2013 Xpress X19

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter1987 View Post
    Thanks CJ, what about the leaking storage boxes ? Any truth to this
    Yes, I sealed my gaskets and put the split at the bottom but it still does not change the fact that the seams are not solid weld and leak water. The only way to seal the older ones up would be to pull the carpet and seal or weld everything solid. Mine leaks when it rains hard but usually not a major issue just a irritation. cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.