Lake Guntersville places to stay?

I'll be passing through Guntersville and Chickamauga during my cross country move with my bass boat. Any recommendations on places to stay? Camping or hotel/lodge, it's all in the cards. Safety is key as I like my boat, truck, and tackle very much :)

You can stay at the State Park they have a hotel / motel at the top of the hill it's only a five-minute drive down to the boat ramp very nice very lit area should be safe. We make an annual trip to Guntersville each year and that's where we always stay but some of the local people might know something better

3. Member
    To me it’s d and e cabins or water front cabins.

4. Member
    Other possible places to stay:

Waterfront Bay: https://www.waterfrontbay.com/

Comfort Inn 25775 John T. Reid Pkwy., Scottsboro, AL launch at Rosemary Creek
    https://www.choicehotels.com/alabama...boro%20alabama
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

5. Member
    Blue water resort on Chickamagua.

6. Member
    We stay here. Nice people, very clean, very good price. Room with 2 beds and garage for boat. https://m.facebook.com/pages/categor...6341907722748/
    RANGER BOATS

7. Member
    Thanks for all the replies, this really helps!

8. Member
    I prefer Hampton Inn Scottsboro. It’s behind a group of businesses with one road in and out, decent boat parking in the rear.

9. Member
    D & E Landing at Guntersville. Call David at 25650562277 .

https://halesbarmarina.com/. This is on the water floating cabins on Nick a Jack reservoir. It’s halfway between G’ville and Chickamauga. You can ride up or down and lock through either dam. Right in the prettiest stretch of the 640 mile Tennessee River. The river gorge is spectacular with far less traffic than either of the other lakes
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

11. Member
    We went out a couple of years ago for the Toyota Bass Masters Teams Championship, and stayed at the Wyndham Garden. It wasn't too pricey, plus they have their own launch ramp which was super convenient. They had places to park boats, and places to plug your boat in. I felt safe the entire week we were there, and never had any theft or anything like that. Plus the hotel is right on the water. You can chill outside by the water in the evenings. They also have a really nice restaurant.
    2007 Basscat Pantera II. 200hp Yamaha Hpdi.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PowellSixO View Post
    We went out a couple of years ago for the Toyota Bass Masters Teams Championship, and stayed at the Wyndham Garden. It wasn't too pricey, plus they have their own launch ramp which was super convenient. They had places to park boats, and places to plug your boat in. I felt safe the entire week we were there, and never had any theft or anything like that. Plus the hotel is right on the water. You can chill outside by the water in the evenings. They also have a really nice restaurant.
    That placed looked perfect on paper. I checked google maps and there were a TON of boats on the satellite imagery, almost no parking.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    That placed looked perfect on paper. I checked google maps and there were a TON of boats on the satellite imagery, almost no parking.
    We never had a problem, and there was a 200+ boat tournament going on. When I go back, I'll be staying there again. Fishing on Guntersville is incredible by the way. Everyone always talks about how great fishing is on lake powell. It's because they can throw an anchovie or plastic grub, and catch all the small mouth and strippers they want. Well I want to catch big large mouth, and Guntersville did not disappoint. I think we caught 100 fish 3lbs plus, with some of them breaking the 8lb mark. I didn't want to leave.
    2007 Basscat Pantera II. 200hp Yamaha Hpdi.

Homeaway or VRBO.com are also options. Lots of affordable houses to rent, some on the water with boat docks/houses. I've rented a couple places through them and it's always worked out well.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PowellSixO View Post
    We never had a problem, and there was a 200+ boat tournament going on. When I go back, I'll be staying there again. Fishing on Guntersville is incredible by the way. Everyone always talks about how great fishing is on lake powell. It's because they can throw an anchovie or plastic grub, and catch all the small mouth and strippers they want. Well I want to catch big large mouth, and Guntersville did not disappoint. I think we caught 100 fish 3lbs plus, with some of them breaking the 8lb mark. I didn't want to leave.
    that's amazing to hear, what time of the year did you go?

16. Member
    Wyndham garden also gets my vote. I stay there a couple times a year. When it's really crowded, they still will find a place for the boat. Have 24 hour security on weekends and events/holidays. Nothing fancy. But it's clean, cheap, and right on the water. Even have docks to tie your boat to. Can charge on the water overnight if you wanted.