River observations

Interesting grass growth this year is forcing me to try new areas. I was really getting lazy and just hitting the usual places, but this year has me running around more looking for new things. I was amazed how many things I've found just by slowing down and looking around. I'm sure things I'm just finding are common knowledge to some people, but it's fun finding new stuff, and the nervousness of hitting something going in to a new area is always a hoot. Not catching any big ones, but having fun. The crazy thing is I see a lot of hydrilla and eel grass, and VERY little milfoil. Is aquatic grass like land crops? Does the bottom have to have the right conditions for milfoil to grow? You would think if other grass could grow, then milfoil would grow too. I guess it's just a cyclical thing and will come back at some point.

Has anyone else been out, and are you doing any good?
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. mikesxpress
    Kevin I went out with Dakota for a day and allot of grass coming up but all dinks. 45 fish day in mutiple locations and not one fish over 3 lbs. Back to the saltwater after I return from ICAST.

3. Member
    Liking the photo Mike
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

4. mikesxpress
    Dinks R us.....

5. Member
    Clips!
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

6. Member
    What little bit of grass there is in Aqiua keeps the water pretty clean.

7. Member
    River is different this year for sure. Just have to change your habits from last year. Weights are still good. Wednesday night tourny had great bags weighed in!

8. Scraps
    I'm a fan of the changes year to year. Better for the fishing in the end (not necessarily for me) but a good thing in general. See it every year on the Flats and I think a big reason it changes is the winter and ice carving up the flats and come spring the grass is in different areas.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

9. Member
    The lack of aquatic vegetation will surely have an effect on spawn success and survival rates of the fry

10. Member
    Damn Mike, did you leave any for us?

11. mikesxpress
    Plenty for everyone. The tourists on here will tell you where they are....
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 07-13-2019 at 05:42 PM.

12. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar

It is important to note that no Senkos were harmed in the catching of these fish.