Theory of operation

S/N 0g654534 200 efi No start condition,no fire on all 6 spark plugs. The motor was running fine,shut off,fished for 2 hrs,then the no start. Key on alarm sounds,fuel pump energizes and runs for the correct amount of time,motor whirls over great,no spark. Sounds like the old accidental kill switch cord pull but not the case this time.The 9.9 kicker motor was running the entire time the 200 was shut off.The 9.9 does have it's own charging system and the 1000 cca battery is new. I do have the service manual but can't seem to find the 'problem and possible solution" section. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions as to where to start looking. Thanks!

2. Member
    disconnect both blk/yell wires on sw boxes see if spark returns , test stator also
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1... And look at the Ignition System Section (guidance for "No Spark on Any Cylinder").

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Problem ended up being both switch boxes.Apparently they worked at higher rpm when running but nothing out of them at cranking speed.Everything else checked good including the kill circuit.

5. Member
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................