Thread: Fish with Force

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    So what's the deal with the skeg on the TM??? From the pics it looks removable but can tell....not sure why it would be removable....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    It's removable and replaceable. Gotta be removable for the disassembly if you want to put a different transducer in place of the GT54 that comes on it. I'm going to do that just to see how hard it is. Also, I just took mine off and left it off. Never needed one.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Cool....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    I'm ready to see a video showing it on spotlock next to a stationary object.

5. Member
    I sent an email to Garmin Support describing my 20' Crestliner and 24V Terrova 60" shaft motor and asking if the 57" Force would work for my boat, and also asking about the capability to "Follow the Contour". This is the response:

"Thank you for contacting us. The 57" shaft was tested on a 20ft Deep V boats that a comparable to your vessel without any issues. I hope that is helpful, also the Force Freshwater Trolling Motor will connect to your 126V via wi-fi. This will allow you to use the autopilot feature and follow a route and use the remote for "Gesture Steering" At this time the trolling motor does not have the capability to follow a contour line but be on the lookout for future software updates. Currently you can utilize the autopilot feature to follow a contour. Any further questions, please feel free to contact us."

Good enough for me. It's next on the list. Been saving the Income tax return just for something like this!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sra61 View Post
    I sent an email to Garmin Support describing my 20' Crestliner and 24V Terrova 60" shaft motor and asking if the 57" Force would work for my boat, and also asking about the capability to "Follow the Contour". This is the response:

"Thank you for contacting us. The 57" shaft was tested on a 20ft Deep V boats that a comparable to your vessel without any issues. I hope that is helpful, also the Force Freshwater Trolling Motor will connect to your 126V via wi-fi. This will allow you to use the autopilot feature and follow a route and use the remote for "Gesture Steering" At this time the trolling motor does not have the capability to follow a contour line but be on the lookout for future software updates. Currently you can utilize the autopilot feature to follow a contour. Any further questions, please feel free to contact us."

Good enough for me. It's next on the list. Been saving the Income tax return just for something like this!
    Good news, thanks for the update!

7. Member
    I second that, I would like to see a demonstration regarding spot-lock performance........ Minn Kota has had many years to refine control algorithms.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

8. Member
    When in deployed position, Can the shaft be moved vertically up and down via the remote? I haven’t seen any demo of this feature yet.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    When in deployed position, Can the shaft be moved vertically up and down via the remote? I haven’t seen any demo of this feature yet.
    No, must be done manually.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    No, must be done manually.

SE Kansas grass grower
    Ring fry did you get a chance to try out the spotlock and if so could you comment?

I used anchor-lock quite extensively during testing in all types of wind conditions. Performance was great.
    Garmin Pro Team

12. Member
    I'm with Todd. I've used it more than I ever thought I would. It works really well. I fish a local Tuesday night jackpot and while we're waiting to take off, I've had most of the guys come over and say how amazed they are that it stays exactly on the spot.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

13. Member

Route and contour following are not one in the same. Autopilot will steer in a direction, but how is it going to follow that contour around a point? Or around an odd shaped hump? That's an extremely beneficial feature I use most often with an ultrex. But, I also believe it's proprietary only to MK and HB...??
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by jjjaymmman View Post
    Route and contour following are not one in the same. Autopilot will steer in a direction, but how is it going to follow that contour around a point? Or around an odd shaped hump? That's an extremely beneficial feature I use most often with an ultrex. But, I also believe it's proprietary only to MK and HB...??
    If it works the same as a traditional autopilot. You would set you patch (draw on the map) and it will follow it. You would be able to just trace the contour line that you wanted.

15. Member
    Garmin ought to put a decal like this on the Force.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyju View Post
    If it works the same as a traditional autopilot. You would set you patch (draw on the map) and it will follow it. You would be able to just trace the contour line that you wanted.
    But that's the difference with the follow-the-contour feature, you don't need to draw anything. It's literally as quick as a button. Select the contour and select which way you want to go. No route planning, no waypoints, no recordings tracks and rerunning them, no drawing anything on the map.
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Garmin ought to put a decal like this on the Force.
    LOL

18. Member
    The 57" shaft was tested on a 20ft Deep V boats that a comparable to your vessel without any issues."
    Apologies in advance for some healthy skepticism, but this subjective assurance is questionable at best. There is a no way a 57” shaft TM on my 21’ deep V would work in rough water and rollers on my lake, a 60” Ulterra was not long enough for me. It might be ok in most circumstances on a 20’ deep V, but I would not be surprised if you find yourself occasionally piercing the surface in rough conditions or rollers.

I still don’t understand what Garmin is even trying to say in their 57” = 60” -3” statements that you guys have passed along. I’ve seen several folks say the takeaway is that it’s “comparable” to a 60” MK. I struggle with these types of subjective assurances, how exactly does it compare, in objective terms? Does this marketing math mean they are measuring their shaft in a different manner and their 57” Force reaches just as deep as a Minn Kota 60” shaft, or do they think their customers need to be told that 57” is 3” shorter than 60”?
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

19. Member

USA

Here you go Rich... this should give you enough shaft length.
    I saw this motor up-close at ICAST and it is enormous !

20. Member
    I saw that...87” is crazy!
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456