Thread: Fish with Force

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    So what does it do that a Terrova wont do.? Besides empty your wallet.
    Pump out interference that no one at MK can figure out or fix. And I can't stand the pedal config on the Terrova, I just can't get used to it and can't believe it doesn't have an anchor lock button on it. Also an easier stow method.

2. Member
    Been a real busy day for me...still is, but I thought I might post a bit on the new Force. I've been using it since early March. I really like it. I would call it a winner, but not a game changer. For me game changers have been Panoptix and Livescope. Next is Home Run. I though that the Plus and Ultra units were home runs.

I do really like it. #1 it is quiet, quiet, really quiet. #2 positive is the controls. Wireless foot pedal, handheld remote and touch controls on the MFD. I am very impressed with all that. Very handy. In fact, I can't think of any way to improve on that. 3. No interference, well not always 0. I can fine tune the settings to get a little but a real leap in the right direction on that. Say almost never any interference and when it is there it's not much. Unit settings do a good job getting rid of it. #4 Speed control. Lots of settings and can set 1,2,3...10 or using gps if you want a particular mph. Nice.

What I don't like. Cable managment. I was expecting or maybe better said hoping for some kind of magical way to control all the cables for all the transducers I like to put on the TM. Cable management for the included transducer is great, inside the shaft, if you like that transducer, GT54UHD. Not my favorite transducer. I can change that and I have the directions for the complete disassembly and reassembly of the TM to do it. One day I will - when I have all day to devote to it. Problem is that I like to change transducers rather often. Haven't figured that out yet. I have the LVS32 and PS22 both on it and they work. Surely there is a better way. Dam...back to the sticks again. I don't like them either but it may be the way to go.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 07-08-2019 at 04:21 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Can you guys snap a few real life pics of the cable management system and head and foot pedal.
    Here my biggest grip with ultrex other than noise how does the spot lock work ?Lets say can I sit next to a dock with it on or stay on a spot in the boat waves ?

also any idea how much it weighs?

4. Member
    Thrust is really low compare to the lowrance.

5. Member
    $69.99 for the weedless prop.

6. Member
    Any idea on availability? Garmin site doesn't say.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour2u View Post
    Thrust is really low compare to the lowrance.
    ��please explain.

ROCK CHALK

8. Member
    Garmin let me down.

9. Member
    I would agree with pretty much LWinchester2 said.

SE Kansas grass grower.

ROCK CHALK

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Can you guys snap a few real life pics of the cable management system and head and foot pedal.
    Here my biggest grip with ultrex other than noise how does the spot lock work ?Lets say can I sit next to a dock with it on or stay on a spot in the boat waves ?

also any idea how much it weighs?

You won't get better pictures than you'll see on www.garmin.com. BIGGG picture to start with. You'll see two cables. Large one is power. Smaller one is GT54UHD. Then click on LEARN MORE. Pretty much all there. Good job on the website.

Don't know the weight. A bit heavy for an old taffy like me but I did pick it up and put it on the boat. Lift Assist is wonderful. Automatic rotation for stowing in right position. Has a half-up it will rest at for when I am messing with it. Several nice touches.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

11. Member
    Does it have a quick release mount for those who have to store the boat with a cover on?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    ��please explain.
    Lowrance lists 95-97 on 24volt and 120ish on 36volt.

garmin lists much lower even though they say “the most powerful’

13. Member
    Quick release? For easily detatching and removing motor. No. Mine is a fixed mount.

Power? Mine is 24v. My boat is heavy, with all the batteries and stuff I have in it. I run a Honda 90. With a full tank of gas I had to add a Sting Ray hydrofoil to get out of the water. The numbers are what they are and I don't dispute that. Most powerful? Probably not. When I'm in a hurry I run it on 8. Practically never on 10. On 8 I'm doing about 3 mph. I did try it on 10 and got 3.35 mph and big motor was still down. More than enough power for me. If you have someone with you and you want to start on 10, you'd better warn them to sit down.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Quick release? For easily detatching and removing motor. No. Mine is a fixed mount.

Power? Mine is 24v. My boat is heavy, with all the batteries and stuff I have in it. I run a Honda 90. With a full tank of gas I had to add a Sting Ray hydrofoil to get out of the water. The numbers are what they are and I don't dispute that. Most powerful? Probably not. When I'm in a hurry I run it on 8. Practically never on 10. On 8 I'm doing about 3 mph. I did try it on 10 and got 3.35 mph and big motor was still down. More than enough power for me. If you have someone with you and you want to start on 10, you'd better warn them to sit down.
    Im in a 19.6ft Skeeter ZX 200. 50 gal of fuel and 200 Yamaha on the back. I get similar speed numbers with the 24-80 Ultrex. Garmin’s advertising is a little misleading on power. I totally agree with your review. I really like the wireless feature but other than that it does the same stuff the Ultrex does. Not sure who is going to dump an Ultrex or pay $600.00 more to buy a Force. The price point is pretty high as well.
    It will be interesting to see how long the wireless servos hold up over time. Might be why Minn Kota has still kept the wired foot pedal as they have had wireless remotes for years.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by Rumour2u View Post
    Lowrance lists 95-97 on 24volt and 120ish on 36volt.

garmin lists much lower even though they say “the most powerful’

Garmin is 80lbs at 24V and 100lbs at 36V. Definitely not more powerful!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

16. Member
    I have an 18''6" Triton and with the motor down I got 3.50 mph. on 10. I hand an 80# Fortrex before this and the most I could get was just under 3 mph. What they haven't said much about yet is that the same motor can be hooked up to 24 or 36 volt without changing any wiring. Another thing I really like is that it doesn't seem to draw near as much from the batteries as the Fortrex. I had a buddy fish with me a couple weeks ago that fishes FLW and he couldn't believe how fast and how quiet it was. I still can't get over how the wireless foot pedal feels just like cable steering. No jerky motion and no lag time. It is a heavy SOB but the gas assist stow and deploy makes it easy even for an old fart like me.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

17. Member
    Garmin statement of the "most powerful" is in compliance with an ISO standard of static thrust measurement for Outboard engines...

So there statement i guess has to do with that most powerful of that rating for a trolling motor?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    I have an 18''6" Triton and with the motor down I got 3.50 mph. on 10. I hand an 80# Fortrex before this and the most I could get was just under 3 mph. What they haven't said much about yet is that the same motor can be hooked up to 24 or 36 volt without changing any wiring. Another thing I really like is that it doesn't seem to draw near as much from the batteries as the Fortrex. I had a buddy fish with me a couple weeks ago that fishes FLW and he couldn't believe how fast and how quiet it was. I still can't get over how the wireless foot pedal feels just like cable steering. No jerky motion and no lag time. It is a heavy SOB but the gas assist stow and deploy makes it easy even for an old fart like me.

SE Kansas grass grower
    Have any of you used the point and go feature with the remote, if so, does it work good or kind finicky, seems like a really smart feature!

19. Member
    I just found this little video that shows some of the features with the remote, and talks about how they rated the thrust.

20. Member
    I have used it, still use it and like it. Some setup stuff to do....calibration of TM and remote. Press and Hold, point the remote...That's where you go. There's quiet a few nifty features as we finally get around to remembering all it will do.

I probably shouldn't comment on the Anchor Hold but I will. The reason is I don't have any experience with another brand with stuff like Spot Lock. So I really don't know the difference between good, mediocre or bad. The Garmin is the only one I've used. Seems overly busy turning this way and that. That's a software thing and should improve over time, but if I want to stay on a spot I just use the foot pedal. Wireless foot pedal, adjust turning resistance to your preference. Nice. Better than nice.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast