Thread: Fish with Force

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Wireless foot pedal is cool. The Thrust numbers aren’t what they make you believe for a brushless motor. 24V is still 80lbs and the 36V is 100lbs. No contour follow which is a big deal in some cases. The price point is not good. Didn’t see anything that would make folks buy a Force over an Ultrex. Once the public has them we’ll see how it holds up.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

3. Member
    I think its awesome, just wish it was the same price points as Ultrex.

4. Member
    Wireless Chartplotter Integration and Built-in Autopilot

Simple integration with your Garmin chartplotter via a wireless connection makes using the built-in autopilot easy. Create routes to your favorite waypoint, and follow tracks while you fish. The built-in autopilot, with integrated heading sensor and GPS, provides anchor lock, heading hold and cruise control. Check your settings on the unit, your chartplotter or sunlight-visible remote display. Just set your track, and it will guide you along your course.

It sounds like we could set a route and it would follow that. It also talks about following an "Auto Guidance track". Close to "Follow Contour". Have to see how that part works. It seems like something that could be added through a software update though? I've got a 24v Terrova now, that I really haven't had any problems with. I don't really use the "Follow the Contour" for most of my fishing. I actually have buddies that have a hell of a time finding how to get to it on the menu, I have too at times. Pretty sure it would be a decent upgrade from my Terrova though at first glance. Gonna do some research!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    Well, I've had LiveScope on a trolling motor shaft since before the beginning. I still have no reason to move it off the TM. Obviously when you are in anchor mode the shaft turns making it move almost continuously. All I do is take it off anchor, look where I want to and put it back on anchor if I want to stay there. Takes only a second or two.

SE Kansas grass grower
    I'm sure i'll end up with the t/m solely because of integration with the units, and continue what i'm working on with a livescope mount that is not a pole and a swinging handle. I've been on pause with what i'm working on, because i truely thought Garmin would have integrated that provision. I know its as simple as taking it off of anchor and looking around, but it could be so much more than that. I'll carry on with what i was planning (I own a fab shop with a waterjet, cnc mill, do 3d scanning and cad design, so what i do will not be jank).
    Nitro 896 Savage DC/200 Merc , Garmin GPS Map 7612xsv, 1242 touch and 8012. Force TM

6. Member
    Well, I've had LiveScope on a trolling motor shaft since before the beginning. I still have no reason to move it off the TM. Obviously when you are in anchor mode the shaft turns making it move almost continuously. All I do is take it off anchor, look where I want to and put it back on anchor if I want to stay there. Takes only a second or two.

SE Kansas grass grower
    Same here.

Having not used any type of pole I may be missing something but I doubt if I’m missing
    a lot.
    I would think that every time you drift off the spot lock position you have to adjust your pole
    and then when the tm kicks in to recovers you are adjusting again. Seems to me like you are adjusting
    all the time.
    Heck it’s easier to throw a marker on the location than all that.
    I do at times but mostly do the same as Ring Fry

7. Member
    I cant believe they did not engineer some really robust auto stow and deploy. This is a bass boat site but I mostly fish from the cockpit and troll. So coming off plane and concentrating on downriggers is so awesome when I can just push the button and have Ulterra do its thing. When you are around 30 other boats in close proximity never having to walk all the way to the front of the boat is priceless it allows me to have constant control over the boat seamless from trolling motor to big motor and back again. That alone is a deal breaker for me. Not to mention how much smaller the footprint of the Ulterra is. Admittedly the Ulterra is not the most problem free device. I figured Garmin would blow the Ulterra out of the water and shave like 100 bucks off just to add insult to injury. I had Humminbird units along with a terrova and link and I never used it. The remote is enough for me, using link just made things too complicated i found myself fiddling with equipment more than fishing. So the integration with Garmin units with my Ulterra has not bothered me in the least.

8. Member
    I got to get my old boat out yesterday with the new toys. When I got over fish I wanted to target, I would aim my pole mounted Livescope towards the back of the boat in order to maybe show everyone's jigs. I had too much current where we were for that to work just right, but I could definitely see my 3/8 oz. jig and individual fish approach it even being blown back 30' from me.

Personally, the last thing I want is auto deploy but that's because I'm interested in a TM that won't require regular visits to the repair shop. The more moving parts and the greater the complexity the more likely it's going to fail. My 2 cents.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

10. Member
    I will probably end up with this motor on my next boat, but i wish they had used the Motorguide style breakaway system instead of the 360 style. Ive had the spring housing explode on two different MinnKota's. Just gonna wait and see what MG comes out with before I decide. It is nice how it integrates with their electronics, and ive just about decided to go with 8410's. We shall see.

11. Member
    still try to understand what does force trolling motor mean, there are trolling motors out there without force???
    Tangrine Orange Key 16604126S1

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canon View Post
    still try to understand what does force trolling motor mean, there are trolling motors out there without force???
    What does fortrex mean? What does Ulterra mean? What does Ghost mean?

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

13. Member
    What does fortrex mean? What does Ulterra mean? What does Ghost mean?

SE Kansas grass grower
    I see. thanks.
    Tangrine Orange Key 16604126S1

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Power in the palm of your hand Iam hoping the second generation has stow and deploy as I do a lot of fishing at night by myself

SE Kansas grass grower
    Unfortunately in the heavy current I fish, you can't really do that very conveniently without moving 100 yards off your waypoint. I was REALLY hoping it would have an independent rotation option.

Quote Originally Posted by canon View Post
    It's for us Star Wars fans... how did you catch those fish? I used the Force!

17. Banned
    So what does it do that a Terrova wont do.? Besides empty your wallet.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    It's for us Star Wars fans... how did you catch those fish? I used the Force!
    Maybe John Force.?

19. Member
    I haven’t noticed anything posted about service centers for warranty work if needed. Any info on a repair/service network?

20. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The feedback on foot pedal and being able to pull it up unlike the terrova

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast