Thread: 2.5l id

2.5l id

Can somebody please help me to id this engine ,it is a 2.5l with castingno. BB and further down there is a no. 7717 and a build date 17/05/98 ,there is no number on the freeze plug and nowhere else any other markings or ser.no.What i would like to know is what horsepower this motor is
    the person i'm buying from don't want to open the heads ,it has never been opened,which is understandouble,thanks for any help

2. Member
    what is num on ecu 824003--- ? does it have detonation sensor on port head ????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Sorry but everything is stripped off apart from the flywheel

4. Member
    Here is some photos of the engine

merc3.jpgmerc 1.jpgmerc6.jpgmerc7.jpgmerc8.jpg

5. Member
    me thinks its a 150 or 175, no advance module , has shift switch , although someone could have changed these
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    thanks for the reply

7. Member
    yes sir