Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Okay, not LINK then, I've only got the transducer cable. So we're saying there is NO way the heading sensor for the Ultrex (which, incidentally, is mounted on the deck literally inches from the Solix), nor the heading sensor for my Helix at the console, will also network with the Solix at the bow? I don't necessarily care if there's 3 pucks on the boat, I just hate to spend another dang $160+ for one IF there's a sneaky way to use one of my existing two. I guess I could use the one for the Helix at the console...technically I don't ever use that graph while sitting still, but then again it's several feet away from the actual Solix unit, so....

I just want to know if there's a splitter cable I can buy for the existing Humminbird AS GPS HS puck that will let the Helix AND the Solix use it??
    2016 Ranger Z519
    Mercury 225 Pro XS

iPilot LINK sharing ONLY applies to the Minnkota Heading Sensor.
    An added AS GPS HS or AS GRP connected to one of the displays can be shared via Ethernet connection between/among displays IF they are the same series (all Helix or all SOLIX).

No you cannot share a GPS antenna between SOLIX and Helix with any connection.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Hey Wayne, do you have any suspicion or understanding about why I'm not getting any sort of DI signal? Do you think it's a hardware problem, or a setting, or something different? Like I said, I'm getting sonar, but no down image. The DI screen is simply black and lifeless no matter the view I select.
    2016 Ranger Z519
    Mercury 225 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by JDRanger View Post
    Hey Wayne, do you have any suspicion or understanding about why I'm not getting any sort of DI signal? Do you think it's a hardware problem, or a setting, or something different? Like I said, I'm getting sonar, but no down image. The DI screen is simply black and lifeless no matter the view I select.
    IF the SOLIX software is current, and you have at least manually chosen the DI source as described in post #14, I would guess either the transducer is faulty or the connection is faulty.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

The answer is simple. if you don't have a MEGA unit, you will ONLY get 2d. I am in the same boat. I have a Helix 10- g2n DI GPS

I talked to both MK and HB for an hour on the phone. its pretty ridiculous considering the transducer has regular DI capabilities. The guy hinted that MAYBE in the future it would support standard DI units.

so just enjoy your 2d for now unfortunately.
    2015 Ranger Z119C - 2018 Mercury 225 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoElite7 View Post
    The answer is simple. if you don't have a MEGA unit, you will ONLY get 2d. I am in the same boat. I have a Helix 10- g2n DI GPS

I talked to both MK and HB for an hour on the phone. its pretty ridiculous considering the transducer has regular DI capabilities. The guy hinted that MAYBE in the future it would support standard DI units.

so just enjoy your 2d for now unfortunately.
    Well that was my original issue, but this is happening with a Solix 12 Mega, so that isn't it. I am pretty much down to the unit must simply be damaged. This Solix came off of a boat that was totaled in a traffic accident, and even though the top of the boat didn't take any contact, it still sustained one heckuva lick. I can only assume something inside this unit is faulty. Humminbird told me it's $519 MINIMUM before I even send it in. I don't see me doing that.
    2016 Ranger Z519
    Mercury 225 Pro XS

7. Member
    I'm not there JUST yet, but I'm right on the cusp of offering this thing for sale. At this point (IF I do it) I'd take $1,000 for it. Just throwing that out there in case someone's interested....if there isn't anything wrong with it, you got one heck of a unit for $1,000 (or it's otherwise perfect if you don't care to have DI). It does not have a transducer, but I didn't care about that because I'm hooking it to the Ultrex with MEGA anyway.
    2016 Ranger Z519
    Mercury 225 Pro XS

8. Member
    I got the DI to work. I reset the unit to factory defaults, works like a champ now.... who knows what in the world had happened. Still butthurt that I've got to buy a dedicated heading sensor though
    2016 Ranger Z519
    Mercury 225 Pro XS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12