1989 Magnum 17.5 Pro Bass

Came across this boat in a neighborhood nearby. Picked it up over the winter for $500. So far I've ripped out all the carpet removed all the storage bay doors and generally gave it a good cleaning. The good - the Johnson 150 Started up pretty easy on a tank of pre-mix. I plan to bypass the injector system permanently. Have a water pump and lower seal kit for it. Overall, the decking is quite good. Only really soft area is under the driver and passenger footwells and the area between the seats. Plan is to cover this section with the plastic sheet material that is used on window frames these days. Also plan to fill the center cutout in front of the consoles to make a larger front deck and add a step up and some sort of storage storage hatch. Amazingly, all the switches actually work. I did have to replace the pump for the live well but the bilge pump works. So, floor, carpet, seats and then the really expensive part - a new trolling motor with spot lock. I posted over in trolling motors before I saw this forum so I'll ask again here - The troller is an old 12/24v switchable so there are three leads in the plug, ground and two 12v. I want to go to an 88lb 24v troller. Will I have to rewire all the way to the front? The way these boats are sealed up, not sure how the current wiring is routed or how hard it will be to run new wire. Anyone experienced in that process? I did buy one of those electrical wire identification tools in case I need to trace something front to back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    If the wire is 6 gauge, or bigger, you should be able to either - combine the two positives , or - disregard one of the positives.

Nice find! Are you putting carpet back in? Or one of the foam flooring options?