RT winch stand issue....

Noticed these cracks today on my winch stand. Identical on each side. Ramps I use, fortunately, don't require me to power load. So it's not from hitting the bow hard. setups only a 2017 so I think it's covered under warranty. I'm just going to call ranger tomorrow but has anybody had to have their stand replaced? Will they just send me a new one or do I have to go through my dealer? They obviously aren't too terrible (yet) but I'd prefer to have it replaced/repaired sooner than later. \

111.jpg
    222.jpg

2. Member
    I've had to replace it twice for the RT. I don't hit the bow hard either. Like you, It just isn't necessary, to load the boat from the ramps I load and unload from.

I have taken the old winch stand in and swaped it for a new one both times. Both times the dealer covered under warranty. I moved the winch stand a little farther forward this last time in hopes there would be less weight on the winch stand and more on the trailer. I really don't think I a guy should need to worry so much about the bow weight on the wench but I don't know how many times they will warranty the thing...

3. Member
    Mine cracked twice. Ranger replaced it each time.
    2022 Lund Pro V Bass 1875
    Mercury 200 Fourstroke Pro XS
    Hummingbird Helix 12 Console & Bow

4. Member
    I think they have a new design but it is hit or miss on which one they send you.

5. Member
    They'll keep replacing garbage with garbage. Find a good welder/fabricator and fix it for good. While you're at it, get yourself a spare set of leaf springs and hardware to carry with you. 25 1/8 inch eye to eye are the ones to get. If you really want to be proactive just change them now. Cheap insurance.

6. Member
    Ranger got back to me first thing this morning. They're sending me a new one to my house free of charge. I'll get the one I'm taken off welded for if/when this one starts cracking.