2019 115 Pro XS 4 Stroke CT Issue

Hi all, well I picked up my new boat on Friday and got it the water for the first time yesterday. Got about an hour into break in period and everything seemed great. Varied RPM's per break in instructions and all was great. Went back out this morning to get some more time on the water and I can't get above 3000 RPM and the water pressure gauge isn't registering anything eventhough I have a steady stream of water from the indicator whole. Tried shutting off and restarting a couple times but no change. I get back to the dock and do a liitle reseach and can't really find any help. Just out of curriosity I take the cowl off and just start looking around. I pull the oil dipstick and OMG it's milky white!! Now I'm no mechanic, but I know this is not good!!

Of course my dealers service dept isn't open on Sunday, but I put in a call and left a message anyway. Will wait to talk to them in the morning, but I thought I'd post and just maybe see what I'm up against.

What could have happened, and how bad is this? Waited over 3 months to get the boat and now this!!

2. Member
    Might try posting the 4-stroke forum 3 below this one. You're doing the right thing by getting it to your dealer as engine is under warranty.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    I had same issue with my water pressure gauge and removed cowl to find small gray hose pulled off barbed fitting and to fix twice finally I rerouted the hose to other side of engine and no more problems with that but didn't have the milky looking oil that's not good

4. Member
    Just to follow up. The issue ended up being the cable for the water pressure gauge apparently wasn't routed correctly or had to much slack in it and somehow got caught in the flywheel and pulled out of the sensor at the top of the motor. When that happened the water was shooting out the top of the motor and right down into the intake. The dealer contacted Mercury and they had never heard of that happening before. The dealer flushed and filled the oil and changed the filter 3 times to be sure all the water was out and pressure tested everything. Had it out over the weekend and everything seems to be running fine. Luckily I didn't run it long in that state.

5. Member
    Good to hear they took care of you!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Member
    Mine did the sames thing similar b kept blowing hose off too but not as bad as yours