Can you see the thermocline on Livescope?

If so, could anyone post pictures? TIA.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I haven’t seen it but I do t need it either

You know we just stated summer around here! Talk of thermocline is forbidden until late fall. I have seen it clearly on 2D.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    You know we just stated summer around here! Talk of thermocline is forbidden until late fall. I have seen it clearly on 2D.
    I crappie fish here in OK. I hear the thermocline is starting to show up.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

Bumping this if someone has a picture or video.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

6. Member
    I adjusted my gain last evening and the thermocline really showed up. It made it difficult to see anything else but I'm sure there's a happy medium there. I'll try to get a pic this weekend.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

7. Member
    I don't ever do pics, but I see the thermocline every trip right now. A lot of the times I set my display depth for just past that value regardless of water depth.

I'm not sure if it is thermocline or not but it's weird that it has matched up most days when I was deep. 2d 15' down- easy to see, then livescope had a 17' arch of tiny artifacts (livescope depth adjusted, 2d not adjusted, livescope range and bottom depths set manually at say 80' and 40 deep fishing deeeeeeep, sensitivity set manually at say 65 and other non changing variables ) then thermocline went to 28' on 2d but the livescope arch showed out to 30' with all the same settings. And I fished as the lake was in transition and it seemed to follow along perfectly.

When I say livescope "arch" because below the boat it sure seems flat at depth but as you start going towards forward viewing something doesn't make sense as the "artifacts " drop out at the same depth.

Side note on down view it sure did seem that it would show the thermocline a lot better only some loss at the ends of the screen.

But unlike 2d livescope seems to show void of return under the thermocline, oddly enough I have been on a 36-45" fish that when swins down into the depths they virtually just disappear even though I am "on them" repeated fish haha

the disappearing fish have dropped out at say 20' and even more often at 30'. I know they can't live below but to flee my pressure I guarantee they will swim through it.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    I adjusted my gain last evening and the thermocline really showed up. It made it difficult to see anything else but I'm sure there's a happy medium there. I'll try to get a pic this weekend.

SE Kansas grass grower
    Thanks!
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Last weekend I was catching crappie in 38 feet of water

11. Member
    I don't see the thermocline on LVS, but that's probably how I have it adjusted. Quite often I do see it on the PS22 and I would just as soon not see it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.