Avx1880 Merc 115 command thrust 1/3 trim

How much trim is everyone getting on gauge with the 115 Merc 4 stroke mine maxed out at 1/3 on gauge wish I could get a little more trim out if it I'm running about 6100 rpms at 47.5 on GPS just curious???

2. Stinnettjn1
    Mine is only about 1/4. If you turn around and watch the motor as you trip up you will see it hit a wall so to speak. It won't allow it to go any higher when running over 2000 rpms I believe. At that point you are in the tilt portion of the ram. Basically, you are more than likely getting to full trim, it just doesn't appear that way on the gauge.

3. Member
    Yea that's very true I've noticed that didn't know if anyone has been able to tweek a little bit I know it has a factory limit switch on it and thanks for your input much appreciated

4. Stinnettjn1
    Those are the same numbers I get as well for speed and rpms with a healthy load. You will gain a few mph when the weather cools off and outboard runs better. Maybe some tweaking of the jackplate will help if you have one

5. Member
    No jack plate that's a fully loaded boat full tank or half tank and gear still gets the same I'm very happy with it during breakin with no gear or pro poles I hit 50 a few times been on lake about 35 trips now not sure how many hrs waiting on Mercury vessel to go on sale again lol