Planing when full

Hi Guys

its been a while since I posted but I need some advice and this is the best place to go.
    I have a 1998, 196sc with a 200 Vindicator and a renegade 25 pitch 4 blade prop. I just added 2 gem 1 Talons and when the live well and gas tank are full and two riders she hard to get on plane. It takes like what seems to be forever.

Any advice on how I can plane faster?

thanks
    all.

2. Member
    drop back to a lower pitch prop for the most dramatic change.You added a bunch of weight

3. Member
    What would you suggest, a 23p to start? Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

4. Member
    23 would be a good start,,,,Just a ton of variables

5. Member
    Put a foil on the motor. There was a guy on here that made them, I think he had to quit because his foil looked a lot like the allison one. Anyway look up the allison foil. Move some weight forward, get the allison foil then if you still need help start trying different props.

6. Member
    I tried a 23 and lost the main bearing. Waiting on having it rebuilt and will sell it.

7. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big_o_tom View Post
    Put a foil on the motor. There was a guy on here that made them, I think he had to quit because his foil looked a lot like the allison one. Anyway look up the allison foil. Move some weight forward, get the allison foil then if you still need help start trying different props.
    CB Marine does foils and is a BBC Sponsor if anyone is interested.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1006072
    LeaLea