Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Garmin Trolling Motor?

Any of you guys have any intel on it? Seeing and hearing bits and pieces about the Lowrance unit coming out but seems silence is all there is on the Garmin.

Enlighten us if possible friends. Thx

Wait 2 or 3 more days as you'll know everything there is to know about it

The Garmin unit will be very similar to the minnkota/hummingbird interface. As with any new product hitting the market it will best to wait and see how they wash out when in the hands of the public. I expect great things from Garmin and this should be a good one.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    Did Garmin ever make anything that wasn't top notch? If they did i never saw it in all the depth finders & gps dog tracking systems, hunting lights etc. i've owned over the years so i'd expect their trolling motor to be top notch as well.

5. Member
    Me too Les. I am pretty excited to learn more on it. I’m also in the trolling motor market so I can’t wait months to purchase. If the price is comparable to Ultrex (I’m hoping lower to grab market share) I’ll probably be a guinea pig. Lol

thx guys only posted this hoping someone had a juicy nugget to share. The anticipation is killing me. ��

6. Member
    I seen they was gonna be selling for 3,000 to 3400 depending on shaft lenght
    Brent Christian,
    Ashland, Kentucky

93 Bullet 20xrd 1993 Yamaha Prov 150 1 3/4 below pad 27p Shooter 12imch Jackplate
    1993 Ranger 397v 20 Foot Fish And Ski 235 Evinrude (Sold)
    1989 Gemini 189GT 18 foot 200 Johnson Gt looper, 10in Jackplate, Hotfoot, 81 mph gps (Sold)
    1978 Checkmate BassMate "Oldie But Goldie" 88 spl Johnson. (Sold)

7. Member
    This was posted on another thread but it doesn't look like it made it to this one yet. More information was released on the trolling motor.

https://www.wired2fish.com/news/garm...rolling-motor/

8. Member
    Wow. $3000 for a 50” shaft. It sounds like it can do either 24v and 36v in the same unit?

i do like that it is a wireless foot pedal and the remote looks decent. And wireless connectivity to Garmin units is cool.

But the price. Ouch.

9. Member
    It is up on the Garmin website now as well.

80lbs thrust at 24v, 100lbs at 36v.

No NMEA or Ethernet network needed to integrate with Garmin graphs. Less wires = good ��

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    $3K for Garmin and $3K for Lowrance......MK is probably smiling after seeing that the price is higher......

We shall see what MG comes out with.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    Now if Hummingbird could just come out with a reasonably priced touch screen like Lowrance and Garmin they would be on to something.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    $3K for Garmin and $3K for Lowrance......MK is probably smiling after seeing that the price is higher......

We shall see what MG comes out with.
    More like shaking. The newer units are going to outpace them fast. You get almost double the run time with the Lowrance and its less jerky. Tournament fishermen will be all over that. More power and more run time will bring them over.
    2005 Ranger Z21 2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS Serial#OT999281 25P Mercury Tempest +

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CxThree View Post
    More like shaking. The newer units are going to outpace them fast. You get almost double the run time with the Lowrance and its less jerky. Tournament fishermen will be all over that. More power and more run time will bring them over.
    Minn Kota better come out with a brushless ultrex pretty quick. Id have a hard time buying an ultrex right now with these brushless options out.

14. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    no built in Panoptics? for $3K ? really ?

15. Member
    Wow, I was expecting an option LESS expensive than the Ultrex. Well Garmin can keep it, I'll stick with the Fortrex for a while and perhaps pick up a lightly used one as they hit the market.
    1994 Ranger 392
    1994 200 Johnson Venom Oops not any more
    2017 200ho G2
    The old girl has some serious kick now

16. Member
    I dont think anyone can get them until Sept/October time frame. I wonder if they are making improvements to the Ultrex to compete with the two new offerings?

I was hoping someone offered a spot locking option that was in the 1500 range, but seems they are going even farther the other way with things now. Pretty soon we will have more money in electronics than we have in boat and motor set ups. Dang it I was hoping it would have been cheaper. I was also hoping for 3100 it would have the livescope in it already, that would make it cheaper essentially. Oh well

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitman View Post
    I dont think anyone can get them until Sept/October time frame. I wonder if they are making improvements to the Ultrex to compete with the two new offerings?

I was hoping someone offered a spot locking option that was in the 1500 range, but seems they are going even farther the other way with things now. Pretty soon we will have more money in electronics than we have in boat and motor set ups. Dang it I was hoping it would have been cheaper. I was also hoping for 3100 it would have the livescope in it already, that would make it cheaper essentially. Oh well
    I believe the two new offerings are trying to compete with the Ultrex not vise versa. I like what little I have seen about the Lowrance motor, they may be on to something with it.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    no built in Panoptics? for $3K ? really ?
    Built in side and down and true chirp. Wireless connection to the unit and foot pedal.

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Garmin seems to comes out with there premium models first with all the gadgets, and the best they have to offer. As time goes on they usually come out with a more affordable less options model. I wonder if they are going to do that here?

20. Member
    brushless appears to be the next big thing, as it should have virtually no interference with you graphs.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast