Shotgun Shooting with Grandsons

Took 2 oldest out to gun club today. 250 targets, competition at the end got intense. youngest (14) won several rounds with 5/5 scores. Then we did a first shooter calls the bird and backup shooter gets second shot. Then we went to me pull/they shoot, without me letting them know which bird I was pulling on 5 stand. That was some fun.
    White River fish market afterwards-crab legs, catfish and swordfish! Ummmmmgooood!

Nice!
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

3. Member

That sounds like an absolute blast, I haven't shotgunned in over 30 years, My dad gave me his 20 gauge 870 with a skeet barrel when I turned 13, hunted a lot of quail and dove with it, handed it down to my oldest son when he got out of the Army and settled down and he used it for sporting clays for quite a while. You guys getting ready for dove season? Which White River Tulsa or B.A.?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    That sounds like an absolute blast, I haven't shotgunned in over 30 years, My dad gave me his 20 gauge 870 with a skeet barrel when I turned 13, hunted a lot of quail and dove with it, handed it down to my oldest son when he got out of the Army and settled down and he used it for sporting clays for quite a while. You guys getting ready for dove season? Which White River Tulsa or B.A.?
    Boys have been shooting since they were 8. Oldest from Texas was hooked and always came up for Christmas to hunt ducks and quail/pheasants. I had all 3 grandsons in the dove field last opener and hope to have them here again. Always fun to watch them blasting shells and missing. But they are getting to be some pretty good shots and showed it yesterday. Youngest is shooting a 20 ga. And pretty dang well. We all had fun.
    went to WR in north Sheridan. I haven’t tried the BA one yet.
    i grew up hunting quail, pheasant, ducks and geese in Kansas. My Dad was a big hunter, state trap champion and bass fisherman. He took me everywhere. I was a lucky kid.
    i raised two girls so I really enjoy having the three grandsons to hunt and fish. It got me back in the game.

That's what grandkids are for they take us back to our roots.