Damp rod lockers - Coral 202

I’ve had my 202 for 2 years and have never experienced damp rod lockers until this past holiday. We’ve been boating the past two days (tubing, fishing, etc) and both rod lockers are pretty damp on the floor. I run my bilge a few times a day and water comes out for about 5 minutes each time. We’ve never really tubed in it or had 3 kids and 3 adults so maybe it’s just from wet bodies sitting on top of the lockers? Is it common to have that much water come out of the bilge too? It has been raining off and on although we dock it under a covered slip when it starts to rain and over night.

I don't think I've ever had to run my bilge that long but that could be a difference in pumps. If you are getting enough water in your bilge to get the rod lockers damp, I think that's a problem.

Jordan, unless you have some sort of hole in the hull, I would start looking at loose or broken thru-hull fittings (livewell pick up, overflow etc).
    I would also suspect perhaps a plumbing hose that may have come loose, or come off a fitting. I had a "leaky" livewell selector valve on my previous Cobra that would let
    water seep into the bilge over a couple hours, enough to run the bilge for about 45 seconds to empty it. One last thing I would check is the sealed joint between the top cap and the hull, on the underside of the rub rail.
    If this joint is compromised, meaning not sealing any longer, it could cause water to be forced into the boat between the 2 sections as you are running, especially with a full load of bodies on board, which may make the boat run deeper in the water than it would with less weight in it. Just a couple of ideas....good luck!
    2000 VIPER COBRA 201D /225 Merc EFI SER: 0T054298
    Where does the white go when the snow melts?

4. Member
    Had the same problem with my Coral 202 several years ago. The silicone caulk seal around the top cap had loosened and water splashed into the rod locker when hitting waves. I had the rub rail removed, new rivets installed in new locations on the rub rail, and new silicone sealant applied. No problems since.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200