guy weekend....camping, hiking, fishing...

Hey all....buddy lives in GR I am in Bloomfield Hills we are looking for a place to meet up and hike in and camp, fish for a long weekend. WHERE have you been or WHERE would you suggest? He is a fly fisherman so he will bring all his crap and I will do my regular fishing thing.
    Last edited by BassVoodoo; 07-05-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

2. Member
    When you thinking about making this trip and what is your thought on distance traveled? Fly fishing for trout specifically or maybe a good smallmouth river to make it a little easier on the non fly guy?

3. Member
    smallmouth. Sorry I forgot to add what we are after. We are looking at 2 hour range from each of us (GR, Bloomfield Hills). We are just going to pick a couple weekends.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

4. Member
    Well first thought is the flat river which is loaded with smallmouth and a great place to wade or kayak and fish along the way. I've never camped along the river so I'd have to look into where you could do that too. I usually go north of US10 so little out of your reach.

5. Member
    I appreciate the suggestion.

6. Member
    Not sure if you can camp or not, but a lot of people float and wade the upper Shiawasse.