Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fuel line questions

My boat, a 93' Bass Cat Pantera II, with Johnson 200 3.0L Limited Edition motor. Oil injection is removed, and I pre-mix the BRP synthetic oil straight into fuel.

Around here, I cannot get ethanol free fuel. Not available anywhere I've looked.

My rig has sat for 2 years unused. I am getting it ready for water again, and noticed the fuel lines before and after the bulb are dry-cracking.

What is the correct fuel line, and where should I buy it? I've searched the forum, but not sure what to get for my boat/motor.

I wish to change all the line from both tanks, to the Bass Cat fill valve, and to the motor. I want to use the correct OEM fuel line, if available. I've seen a BRP 10' kit online, but not sure if it's the correct one.

Any help and direction of where to purchase is appreciated.

Here's a picture of the motor tag. I believe the motor is a 1992 model, original to the 93' hull.

1997 Lund 1900 Pro V LE. 1997 Mercury 200 hp Offshore. Terrova 80 w/ Ipilot Link

1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

For the tank and underdeck fuel line use the Coast Guard approved type A1-15 and you can use the less expensive B1-15 for outside the boat such as from the primer ball in the transom well to the engine.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

4. Member
    Would this be the correct primer bulb and B1-15 fuel line? Just wanna make sure.....

https://express.google.com/u/0/produ...RoCuYIQAvD_BwE

Also, my tanks are supplied, from the filler, with 5/8" fuel line. Nothing appears to be wrong with it, but should I change that, too? I will definitely change the 3/8" A1-15 line, but am not sure which brand to purchase? I was unable to locate a 3/8" A1-15 fuel line at the Evinrude/Johnson parts page, or perhaps I'm just not finding it. What brand is the right brand? There are quite a few found on a google search.
    1997 Lund 1900 Pro V LE. 1997 Mercury 200 hp Offshore. Terrova 80 w/ Ipilot Link

If you will read the link I posted you will find exactly what and where to buy. There are several options mentioned in that thread. I even list the part numbers and the manufacturer of the “official” Evinrude hose.

Filler hose is not addressed in that thread but you can use filler and vent hoses from an auto parts store. Those hoses don’t need to meet any special marine standard as far as I’m aware. They can even bend the filler hose for you if you show them your original

6. Member
    Actually, I did read the link.....twice. I read at the end where Crowley tells you their Lawrence Marine Novaflex is correct for BRP replacement, and considered OEM. Problem is, the part numbers show a 5/16" hose, and I need 3/8" hose. The Crowley Marine website isn't user friendly to a guy like me who isn't too computer savvy. I cannot find the 3/8" A1 line, and have no idea how many feet of hose would be included if I purchased it, as the Crowley website is a bit confusing to me.

I appreciate your help, but I'm not finding what I need to buy to repair my boat using the numbers you listed in your link. Perhaps they have changed since you wrote that thread.....I am not sure. I am trying to find, and purchase, the correct fuel line, but not sure where I can purchase the 10 feet I need of the correct A1-15 fuel line.

If you can show me the error in my computer ways, I'd sure appreciate it. I'm supposed to go "up north" fishing next weekend, and I need to fix this problem in order to do that. Your help is appreciated.

Here is the direct link to Crowleys A1-15 3/8” Evinrude hose. Top of the page says 5/16” but you will notice that there is a selection window. If you click on that you can pick your 3/8” A1. It looks like it is 2.99 a foot. Add it to your cart. Then go to your cart and change quantity to the number of feet you want.

The B1 you needed will probably be different than what I listed in my link because my G2 does not use a primer bulb.

There is a part number for Evinrude’s B1 with a primer bulb but I don’t have it at the moment. You can get that or build your own. Again, Crowley will have it either way.

You could skip the computer work and just call Crowley. They are in Denver and they are very nice and helpful

One more thing....

Sometimes you have to put a “0” in front of an Evinrude part number. Some warehouses use the 0 and some do not.

10. Member
    Thank you so much. I tried calling Crowley, but they are closed.....probably for the 4th of July Holiday. I didn't understand the 3/8" drop down box, and I didn't understand the "by the foot" pricing, as they don't spell it out. I can build you a kick ass house, and repair any old woodworking or metalworking machinery, but computers trip me up all the time. I try to stay away from them as much as possible.....

Thanks for your help.

To build your own B1 hose enter 0772565 in the Crowley search box. Again, when you get there it will show 5/16”. Use the drop down and select “inlet to tee hose 0772565”. That should be the correct 3/8” B1. Pick your quantity in feet. If you go that route you will also need to get a primer bulb separately.

And to do all of this the “right” way you will also need the correct sized Oetiker clamps and a pair of appropriate pinching pliers.

ChampioNman or Seahorse probably could give you a part number for an assembled B1 hose

Evinrude 3/8" fuel hose part numbers below. Other brands are Shields, Trident, or Flexshield.

772576 USCG A-1-15 Hose

772565 Fuel Line B1-15
    -----

14. Member
    Thanks, guys, for the great help. I cannot thank you enough. Exactly the information I need. I will order it as soon as they are open.

I want to replace the impeller/water pump on the same motor, so I've got to figure out what 'kit' I need for that next, and hopefully order all of this stuff at once. I have the service book from Evinrude/Johnson on my motor, so hopefully that stuff is in there.

Thanks again.

15. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Most local BRP dealers will have the correct fuel line on bulk spools that you can buy however much you need and the correct bulb kits.....

Be sure to look up parts using the exact model number on your motor. Things like a water pump kit could be ordered wrong if you leave out a letter in the model number or just look it up by year without knowing the exact engine you have.

Often there are mid-year changes where a model and/or serial number is needed or little things like differences in certain parts used on a long or extra long shaft motor that have nothing to do with the items affecting the engine's shaft length.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    Most local BRP dealers will have the correct fuel line on bulk spools that you can buy however much you need and the correct bulb kits.....
    Some will and some will not. My local Evinrude dealer does not carry fuel line with an Evinrude part number. But they do have the Quicksilver equivalent and also a Shields option.

You gotta keep your eye on em though, they’ve installed B1 under my deck before!

Crowley is great and I believe still has the confidence of our ChampioNman. They have always been very helpful to me. I also use marineengine.com and occasionally jamestowndistributers.com. Iboats also has a pretty good selection of Evinrude parts. And if you don’t mind going old school and picking up the phone, Barnacle Bills Marine is great to put you on just the right part.

Here’s another helpful link: shop2.evinrude.com
    Use the drop down to select Evinrude or Johnson then pick your year and model number. You can look up your part number. You can even order from there. When you do that, it will farm your order out to a participating dealer who will ship your part. Never had a problem with that way, either.

18. Member
    Thanks for all the input. I'm a very mechanical guy, but this is the first time I'm doing a water pump myself. I live out in the country, and it's been difficult for me to find a marine mechanic that I have confidence in. Last guy I took my boat to showed very little interest in working on an older boat, and mentioned several times that he thought I needed to repower (previous boat, also a Johnson motor, which ran quite well, btw....). I prefer to do the work myself, when I can, so I appreciate the knowledge shared here very, very much.

Besides the OEM water pump kit, is there anything else I need to have on hand to complete the impeller change?

When finished with that, I will also change out the lower unit oil....already have the correct HPF pro on hand.

Look up in the stickies at the top of this forum. There are threads on both those procedures. It’s nice to have some help removing and replacing the lower unit.

Just off the top of my head, it’s nice to have a vacuum gauge setup to check your lower unit for leaks before you refill.

20. Member
    Just to verify what I said earlier about not having confidence with the "so called Evinrude certified dealers" in the Chain of Lakes area of northern Illinois.

Just got off the phone with 2 different "dealers", and both only carry the B1-15 fuel line, and both tried to tell me that it was just fine for under the deck on my boat. One guy wanted to argue with me about it......

This is why I appreciate you guys greatly for sharing the information, and also why I can't shop locally for what I need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast