Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah my experience is much the same.

If you’re into really doing things right you might want to consider doing a vacuum and bubble check after you replace all of the hoses. I’m not a tech but I believe fuel delivery problems account for many of the motor failures we see here and doing the those frequently overlooked checks can save you a lot of pain.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Don’t forget to check out those stickies. Seahorse and ChampioNman have left some great tips/pics/videos on how to do those procedures the right way

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    Don’t forget to check out those stickies. Seahorse and ChampioNman have left some great tips/pics/videos on how to do those procedures the right way
    I have read them all several times.

ChampioNman saved my arse, on my previous boat, from a local tech who would have messed me up big time. I did the work myself, with his guidance, and the motor ran great when I was done. Great knowledge here.....best I can find.
    1997 Lund 1900 Pro V LE. 1997 Mercury 200 hp Offshore. Terrova 80 w/ Ipilot Link

4. Member
    Another question, which was mentioned above, and I just caught on a re-read.....sorry, just trying to catch all the details.

My entire fuel line assembly is connected with hose band clamps....the type with the 1/4" or 5/16" nut to spin to clamp everything down. Is this a problem? I see that the "Oetiker" clamps are mentioned.

Also, my fuel line, inside the motor cover, has an inline fuel filter installed. Is this correct and necessary? I notice on the Crowley site that a 3/8" inline filter is no longer available for purchase? What should I do about this issue?
    EDIT: I found a 3/8" BRP fuel filter, part # 0360941, on Marineengine.com. Crowley shows nothing available, so I guess I'll have to put two orders together, unless you guys think this is wrong to have.
    Last edited by walleyeguy9; 07-06-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    1997 Lund 1900 Pro V LE. 1997 Mercury 200 hp Offshore. Terrova 80 w/ Ipilot Link

I’m hoping one of the pros will answer those questions. I know the G2 install manual specifically requires Oetikers so that’s what I use.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Crowley has 5 in stock according to the site 0360941, you can use the wire tie type, but don't use the screw type hose clamps on plastic fittings, you can over tighten them and crack the plastic. You can also use zip tie #0320107 or the snap type clamp 0322652, I like those. Oetikker clamps are permanent but can be separated but not reused. The 3/8" BRP fuel hose is available by the foot B-1 0772575 $7.49/foot and the A-1 is 0772576. This is from www.Marineengine.com.

7. Member
    I just wanted to report back and say a big "thank you!" to all of you for the help. I finally got the chance today to replace all the fuel lines, primer, pump, and filter. Everything that went in was BRP OEM stuff, and I appreciate the "heads up" on the fuel clamps, too, ChampioNman. I used the "snap type" clamps you recommended, and they were extremely easy and fit well.

I was working in the field (construction) Monday, and drove by a boat dealer that had the "Evinrude Dealer" sign out front, about 45 minutes from my house. I went to the service department, and the parts manager was a nice fella who also had everything I needed in stock, and also made sure I knew about the EPA approved fuel lines, before I mentioned you guys. Nice to know there's at least one dealer around here who's paying attention to quality, OEM parts. I ordered my water pump assembly from him, and am picking it up tomorrow.....new thread coming for that, I'm sure.

While I was "in there", I replaced all 3 batteries, as they were 5 years old, and since I had them out to do the fuel lines, figured I'd put new ones back. Still working just fine, but I don't want any problems when I go up north next week to fish. Nothing up there, where I go, but tree's and bears.

Thanks again for all the help.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12