Loss of Accessories after Repower

I just got my boat back (2000 Javelin Renegade 20FS) with a G2 200HO strapped on the back. I testing everything out yesterday and I'm taking it back to the shop on Monday because there are some issues that need to be addressed. One issue that I would like to get in front of is the loss of my accessories (trolling motor, fish finders, radio) when the motor is off. The key switch on the boat used to turn to the left in the AUX position to run these accessories. The new key doesn't turn to the left, it's a standard Off - Run - Start configuration. I can run everything with the key is switched to Run but I don't think that would be good long term for the motor.

I found an old thread where someone else had this issue. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=89572 I'm curious what the consensus is now among the Javelin guys here. Wire everything to the Accessory switch on the dash or see if a different Key switch is available?

2. Member
    accessory switch on dash...done.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

Loss of the use of the trolling motor when the big motor is off has me puzzled. Every boat I have ever seen the trolling motor is on it own dedicated run by itself and has zero to do with the keys/ignition switch.

4. Member
    The trolling motor didn't work with the key in the off position with the last motor either. I had to turn the key counterclockwise to the AUX position. When the key was turned to off, everything was off.

Edit... My guess is that the trolling motor was set up that way from the factory because this is a Fish and Ski. The trolling motor is easily removable for ski trips where it's not needed.
    Last edited by BayouBengal; 07-05-2019 at 06:54 PM.

They don't use those types of switches any longer. The things you mentioned could be run directly to the battery. The TM should run no matter your ignition key.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.