Terrova Handle Release not working properly

I've got a Minn Kota Terrova and the handle release is sticky and not always engaging when I press it. It take 2 or 3 presses to deploy and stow. Pain in the butt when I'm also dealing with 3-4 footers. I've taken off the side plates and it doens't seem like anything is out of wack, 1 semi stretched out spring maybe. I'll clean and re grease the moving parts.

Any thoughts on why this could be?

2. Member
    Mine was doing something similar and I found I had a small drop shot weight underneath the handle portion making it hard to release the latch....may not be your problem but look under the latch handle to see if you have some foreign object maybe impacting it...

3. Member
    Are you aware th lever is designed to press forward and then down? Just pressing down will mess up the latching mechanism.It is not designed to get pushed by foot either.
    Quote Originally Posted by DubyaDee View Post
    I've got a Minn Kota Terrova and the handle release is sticky and not always engaging when I press it. It take 2 or 3 presses to deploy and stow. Pain in the butt when I'm also dealing with 3-4 footers. I've taken off the side plates and it doens't seem like anything is out of wack, 1 semi stretched out spring maybe. I'll clean and re grease the moving parts.

Any thoughts on why this could be?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Are you aware th lever is designed to press forward and then down? Just pressing down will mess up the latching mechanism.It is not designed to get pushed by foot either.
    Alright so I'll admit when I was wrong, and I was absolutely wrong here. I was pressing the release down, not forward and down. I did also clean everything up and re grease where needed. Thanks for the help!

5. Member