Finger Lakes Lake house/cabin rentals

I posted this in the lounge, but was recommended to post here as well.

My wife has been asking for a vacation for a long time and our anniversary and birthdays are coming up in August. I’m thinking about getting something up in the New York finger lakes area. Does anyone have any suggestions? Ideal situation would be small (just me and the wife) and on the lake.

Also, are there any places to rent kayaks around that area. I’d like to do some fishing while I’m up there.

Any help would be awesome

2. Member
    Best bet is Airbnb or VRBO. Since you'll be doing some wife duty, I'd say keuka, Cayuga or possibly skaneatles.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Go cayuga..best fishing lake in NY right now
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 07-06-2019 at 10:29 PM.

4. Member
    Cayuga or Seneca lake are great .. if you find a rental between the two lake are close to fish both ..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    Cayuga or Seneca lake are great .. if you find a rental between the two lake are close to fish both ..
    I don't know about Seneca, that's probably the worst finger lake.

6. Member
    It looks like our best option for our dates is on Seneca. If I go out in a yak for a couple hours in the morning/evening, will I be able to catch a bass? From what I’ve seen on here and read elsewhere online, that particular lake has gone downhill fast.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    It looks like our best option for our dates is on Seneca. If I go out in a yak for a couple hours in the morning/evening, will I be able to catch a bass? From what I’ve seen on here and read elsewhere online, that particular lake has gone downhill fast.
    Im sure you will catch fish however its no CAYUGA!

8. Member
    About a month ago, we rented a house on Conesus that was great. It is right next door to the state launch ramp. Small house with 3 bedrooms, but it was perfect for our family. Very nice place.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

9. Member
    I really appreciate all the insight and suggestions. We ended up booking a house on the west bank of Seneca for 4 nights at the end of August as it fit our budget and available dates. We’ll either be borrowing some yaks from a friend or renting some. I plan on fishing as much as I can, but that’ll probably be just early mornings and maybe evenings. I’ll try to remember to post up a summary of our trip when we get back home.

10. Member
    Make sure you go to Sauders Amish store and the Muranda Cheese Company
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp