Thread: My turn....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Great progress. When you finish, you will be happy, but we will miss the daily updates.

2. Member
    When I finish I will not be happy... I will be ecstatic!

Or... Pick a Synonym... That's me... I'm kinna fond of "in raptures"
    adjective

feeling or expressing overwhelming happiness or joyful excitement.
      "ecstatic fans filled the stadium" "When Yup finished his boat he was ecstatic!"
      synonyms: enraptured, elated, transported, in transports, in raptures, euphoric; More
      involving an experience of mystic self-transcendence.
      "an ecstatic vision"

noun

a person subject to mystical experiences.

Last edited by yupitsme; 07-20-2019 at 08:16 AM.

3. Member
    Welp... Put the drivers side windshield on yesterday. Guess what I did today.... Dang... can't surprise nobody. Yeah... passenger side windshield.

Way back when I mentioned that the left n' right windshields were not identical... This is the driver side windshield template on the passenger side....

I had to add tape to the top. Cut some off the left and right side. But it got done...

Then just like the drivers side I made a throw away windshield for the passenger side.

This is the clear plexiglass that I picked up locally...

See... I told you...

I never even took all the paper off the clear plexiglass windshield. I confirmed that the template will make a good windshield and that's all I was looking for...

So... loading live rounds - it counts again.

More of the same. Before I bent the clear plexiglass and after I got it all cleaned up as in all the edges sanded and fit good. I made a new template to replace the patched up one just in case I ever need to make a'nuther'n....

So... we've seen this song n' dance before...

And movin' right along we get to the "it's done" photos...

And that's it for now....

Left to do:

1.) Clean/vac...
    2.) install rod locker drain grommets
    3.) install rating plate
    4.)Install seat bottom w/seat saver/step
    5.) Modify drivers windshield to provide clearance for electronics wiring
    6.) Float it and test wiring/electronics for possible improvements in images.

Did u tent the glass with auto tint or what? Last time I saw it the glass was clear
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    Did u tent the glass with auto tint or what? Last time I saw it the glass was clear
    The clear was plexiglass - read cheap - or less expensive. I purchased it local to make "throw-away" windshields. Needed to test my templates as I had 1/2 windshield on the passenger side and neither were from this boat originally. Scott @ S&S Marine in Welakak, Fl. and his butcher took my cracked but good windshields the 2nd time the butcher tried to fix my boat. It's an extremely long story... But the clear were a test. The tinted is acrylic plastic, which is what was on the boat originally. It's more expensive hence the reason I made clear ones first. Mostly to be sure I could. I ordered Bronze tint acrylic plastice from ePlastic.on the net to make the replacement windshields.

6. Member

7. Member
    Still got some piddlin' things to do... Install trolling motor foot control, cut out carpet for rear pedestal seat mount.... But for the most part I can stamp this project "DONE" with the big o'l rubber stamp...

8. Member
    Had to make room for cabling between the roll bar and the windshield....

9. Member
    By the numbers....

I started the re-wiring project on 6/18/19

I completed all projects on 7/21/19

Total days: 43

Pictures:

Re-wiring - 151

Carpet/windshields/upholstery - 494

I didn't tally cost. carpet was 375.00, upholstery was 475.00. Got about 300.00 in windshield materials (throw-aways and tinted). Probably 350.00 in wiring project. Plus brushes, adhesive, rivets n' the likes...

Looks like somewhere in the $1,500.00 range for the whole shee'bang.

Looks great!
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

11. Member
    This job has been masterpiece from the beginning to the end.

Great job Yup!!! You deserve to feel ecstatic! That's a ton of work in a short period of time and boat looks fantastic! Thanks for the details along the way Now go out and enjoy your new rig!!

13. Member
    Thanks all for the compliments... on the upholstery - the shop that did it replaced ALL the foam with high density foam. To say I can tell a difference is a huge understatement. Setting on the seat behind the steering wheel I feel like I’m setting 6” higher. I’m not.. I don’t think but I absolutely do not make a dent in it. It is FIRM. Will be interesting to feel the difference out on the water. The seat back is also high density and is noticeable but not quite like the seat bottom. At this point I think I’m gonna like it a lot!

14. Member
    I must'a forgot..... Can some one tell me how you get in a bass boat without putting yur feet on the carpet or upholstery????

15. Member
    Just jump in the console area head-first. That will keep your feet off the carpet. Rumor is, 911 will help get you out, if you get stuck head-first under the consoles.

You sense of humor is great. I would love to spend a few days in the boat with you.

16. Member
    Rumor is... if you're unconscious when EMS arrives they'll cut the carpet to get you out. That ain't happening!

Glad you enjoy the humor - some don't. I'll be in Ala'bammer in October. Fishing ABA Nationals on Eufaula.

17. Member
    You could buy some of those hospital foot booties to put on your shoes while you are in the boat...

Looks REALLY GOOD YUP, nice work.
    Now just looks like the hull could use a good polish with some StarBrite or whatever your favorite shine is!
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    You could buy some of those hospital foot booties to put on your shoes while you are in the boat...

Looks REALLY GOOD YUP, nice work.
    Now just looks like the hull could use a good polish with some StarBrite or whatever your favorite shine is!

I refer you to post #10 of this thread. I've cleaned it(gel) as much as it's gonna cleaned up. Not in these photos though. Just in the last couple of days. Now you know the "why" it was such a mess... was never worth the time/money to get it where it is today.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    I refer you to post #10 of this thread. I've cleaned it(gel) as much as it's gonna cleaned up. Not in these photos though. Just in the last couple of days. Now you know the "why" it was such a mess... was never worth the time/money to get it where it is today.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

20. Member
    Great job!! I built new dash plates put of aluminum tread plate that turned out really nice I can send you picture if you PM me a number to send too.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast