Thread: Dum Dum Rig

Dum Dum Rig

Not sure everyone has heard of this modified version of the wacky rig but, yes I saw Mike Iacconnelli talking about it and figured its worth a try. Maybe something different that our fish up here in New Hampshire haven't seen much of at all, if at all. My question is this. Does it just use the main line or do I use the main line to tie to the hook and then a separate pc of braid snelled onto the hook, which I was going to tie on the small swivel?

He tied a separate piece of braid to the jig head and attached the swivel. There is a post on here that has a good video of him showing how to use all the rigs if you try to do a search. Its under
    Is Iaconelli trolling us? Dum Dum rig vid Is Iaconelli trolling us? Dum Dum rig vid

3. Member
    I. Would think you would have a lot of snags with that bare hook

Try my "Dumb Bass Rig". 3/0 EWG rigged Texas style on a Trick worm or Yum Dinger, with a 1/8 oz VMC NEKO weight in the tail end. Weight sits on the bottom, hook floats up out of the snags...works well in reeds and rip-rap. I just jiggle the bait a little, and it works for both SM & LM. Dunno about Spots, 'cause we don't have some, but I'm sure it would do the job.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.