Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Livescope No transducer found

I cant find the original thread with this prob.

Y'all jinxed me!!! No I have this prob with LS and a 96sv+

Anyone ever found a fix? Ty

2. Member
    Mine did that once, lubed and tightened the conections on everything and haven't had any problems since,(knock on wood)

I'll try that. Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Holler head View Post
    Mine did that once, lubed and tightened the conections on everything and haven't had any problems since,(knock on wood)

Mine fired right up. Try making that the first thing you turn on.
    18 Ranger 521L 50th Anniversary Ed /Evinrude G2 250HO

5. Member
    Fired right up today. Worked all day. I have no clue what makes it get disconnected but it can be frustrating. I will be cleaning my connections tomorrow just to see if I can get it to go away permanently.

6. Member
    MDBASSNPRO, Did that fix your problem? what did you use to clean the contacts and for the dielectric grease?

7. Member
    I too have been having this issue. Seemed everything worked as advertised for a while...then i got the blue screen randomly with the tranducer not connected message. I turned off and unplugged everything and once repowered it seems to work for a few minutes before going back to the blue screen. Initially the short term fix was to make sure no other graphs were runnning....because it seemed to help...so despite having good batteries I thought maybe it was a voltage thing...but now with only the garmin unit and LS running i get the blue screen and message so often that i just turned it off yesterday while fishing. Anyone stumbled into this?

Mine is requiring multiple reboots but once connected no problems. Garmin is sending a new box.
    18 Ranger 521L 50th Anniversary Ed /Evinrude G2 250HO

So mine still seems to work randomly. Bought the dielectric grease and will clean all contacts and lube up today.

Worked fine today. We will see if it continues to work.

11. Member
    I think this is is pretty common. I also had this error. I could unplug my transducer from the blackbox and plug it back in and it would recognize the transducer and begin working. Garmin support is sending me a replacement.

12. Member
    I have this problem also. What I have found(I hope) is to disconnect the big connector from the black box and smear dielectric grease all over the face of the plug and make sure there is grease in the female contacts. This has worked every time thus far. I think that there are some pins that do not make good contact inside the connector. I don't know how to fix that. I think if this is the problem, Garmin would need to put a beefier connector for this.

Day two and works fine. I basically did what shelfish just said. Did all connectors and the cradle.

I still think it is a low voltage thing, but the connectors are whats not letting the proper voltage through.

Day three and lost transducer after two hours :(

15. Member
    did you reapply the dielectric grease?

No TD found today :(

17. Member
    So I used the dielectric cleaner on all cradle connections to 93sv touch and the power and xdcr connections on gls10. I then used cooler air from hair dryer to dry terms. Then applied dielectric grease to terms.

In garage the unit worked flawlessly for 20 mins. On water next day worked for ~ 2 hours then lost connection. Rebooted 3 times . Until it finally stayed connected. I did not touch the connections. I have no clue why it does it does but I am sticking with its software glitch or the depth of the pins making up is not enough.

Mine worked about five mins yesterday and about two hours today.

Will wait to see if those with replacement boxes work.

19. Member
    Not sure if you guys saw this but last week they released a software update for livescope. Says “helps with transducer detection”

20. Member
    Well says “as of august 9, 2019” version 2.10. Im assuming thats when they released it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast