Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I was running active captain on my phone and the update showed up. I don't have the issue, but I installed it anyway. I like to stay current.

So I just rewired my front electronics. Dedicated 10 gauge to the LS box. Separate 10 gauge to the 93sv+ and Helix10. No switches or breaks. Just stock fuses that came with units.

Gonna try this and then the update later if I still have probs.

First time my graph actually showed 12.6 v on the display.

Worked one hour this morning and then my buddy popped up on the screen.

Will install update and try again.

Update seems to have fixed the No transducer connected issue.

Great job by Garmin!!!

5. Member
    4th trip in as many weeks after update........and “xdcr disconnected” .....three good trips no issue...first thing today it worked for 5 mins then disconnected. Restarted 3:times and nothing... red light wasn’t even lighting up. Undid the power and reconnected it then it worked after starting twice. Hmmm...

6. Member
    That has been the nagging part of this to resolve. It acts exactly like a bad connection, wiring type issue. And sometimes that has been the issue and was resolved by cleaning all the connections and applying dielectric grease. However, others have posted that Garmin replaced their equipment. And now there has been a software release that attempts to resolve this. Sorry you have having the problem and can't say whether your situation is connectivity, software, or hardware. The three good trips using the same hardware and software makes it look like a connectivity issue. But then, it has always looked that way. It may be time to call Garmin support and get them in the loop.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Man thought I had it licked too, but today NO Transducer detected all day. I was pissed as I really needed it.

8. Member
    Has anyone tried to reload the update on the water after getting the "No Transducer detected" ?

Updated mine on the water and everything looked good. So good that like a idiot, I sent the replacement unit back to Garmin. When I got back home same issue of not finding the transducer. It will find the ducer but only after several reboots.
    18 Ranger 521L 50th Anniversary Ed /Evinrude G2 250HO

10. Member
    Has anybody having any problem with the transducer being mounted on the trolling motor versus being mounted on a pole.i just purchased the live scope trying to determine best to mount the transducer.thx for the help??

Tried in the driveway today and still cant get it to find the LS transducer

12. Member
    Not one fault in over a month. Boots up every time since they replaced my black box.
    Why did you send yours back Bill? lol

Not a smart move.
    18 Ranger 521L 50th Anniversary Ed /Evinrude G2 250HO

14. Member
    I’ve had this happen several times with Garmin next day air with a new one. I did find that any sharp bend in the rigging will create this. I have a Ranger 520 and when all the wiring from the trolling motor and transducers go into the nose just in front of the trolling motor pedal it creates a tight bend in the wires. After a long rough run or after a bumpy road I would continue to have issues and traced the issue to this choke point that would create an internal wire issue. I ended up routing the hole out bigger and placing a rubber grommet to pad the wiring. Then I modified the smaller hood that keeps it looking clean that comes on the 520’s.
    So long story short, check your rigging. Boat design isn’t always perfect for more and more wires for bigger wire and more transducer cables.
    Good luck.

After still no joy, I disconnected power connector from the box and replugged it. Good now but for how long?

16. Member
    I am replacing 10 guage wire with 8 guage.
    having same problems here as you guys.

17. Member
    Monte and Capt-
    i spent some time this weekend troubleshooting my system.
    I had run both #10awg and #8awg in parallel from my AGM 31 to my Blue seas distribution block.
    i went ahead and direct connected my 8awg to gls 10 with bolted, wrapped and taped connections to power cable with inline fuse. This will eliminate any chance that additional fusing may work loose and cause nuisance intermittent connections, which is always a possibility.

While the software upgrade seems to have helped, I am nearly convinced that the problem most are having is due to the 2 piece plastic collar connector for the gls10 power. After checking the xdcr cable, ethenet cable, every bit of routing nothing in my installation would cause the xdcr to disconnect, then when jiggling every connection to the cradle, blueseas and gls10 I happened to notice the power connector while still connected had ever so little play. I always noticed that after tightening the power connection snug to the connector after letting it sit less than 30 seconds later the collar would be peculiarly “loose” - as in not snug anymore. I swapped out the collar with a spare and the new one seemed like it it mated up a little better. While nothing like the Ethernet or xdcr connectors tightness it seemed tighter. I also tried it without the thin red oring but it seemed like the oring gave it a little flex to allow it to get more tight. You might try inspecting the tightness and double checking soon afterwards.

Additionally I applied some red thread lock to the collar and barrel threads making sure to keep it away from pin connections. I will try it again on the river this weekend to see the results.

( IMHO collar needs additional couple threads to allow for additional tightening while twisting the collar on so the male-female pin stays connected. I also noticed the red barrel for female connection that protrudes from the gls10 is limited in length by the lock nut placement on the gls10. It appears this could vary the amount of threads available for the collar to mate.)

Mine has been working since 9/11.

As said, seems like the power connector to the box is the culprit.

19. Member
    I have worked on power connect at box.
    i am going to support the power cable before it screws into box so no cable weight is pulling down on connection.

No transducer found today. I unplugger power connector going to box. Plugged in, wiggled it, and screwed the ring. My ring it one piece and not the two piece one.

That fixed it and worked great all day.

So I am 99% sure that is the prob.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast