Updated Suzuki interface software and new cable for Navico Displays

Recently Suzuki released updated software for the newer Engine Interface Cables that run the .swup software versions 2.9.0 and 3.5.0.

These new versions are 2.9.04 and 3.5.04 and are designed to improve stability and the missing data issues that some people have experienced.

If you have a Suzuki C-10 gauge, you can upload the new software thru that. Or, if you have a Lowrance or Simrad MFD on your network, via that.

Here is a link to the official Suzuki software page where they can be downloaded. Install is easy - Just save the file to a SD card of max 32GB (for loading via Lowrance or Simrad displays) or to a USB stick (for loading via C10).

http://ww2.lowrance.com/Suzuki

Insert the card/USB into the device. Using the device menu, find the files menu, open it and find the SD card/USB, then locate the update file, highlight it and upload. Progress bar while it uploads. Done. (Note if you run twin engines, should update 1 interface at a time by turning one key off.)

Suzuki has also released a new “Connect” interface cable that allows full interface and functionality with Lowrance or Simrad displays without needing a C10 on the network. In other words, you can have all engine data on a compatible Lowrance or Simrad display, and get full engine fault codes, service reminders and alarms. No gauges needed.

For twin engines, only one engine needs to have the Connect cable connected, the other uses a normal interface cable.

Any questions - fire away, I will try to assist.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-05-2019 at 07:05 AM.

2. Member
    Thanks for the info about doing the update. I did it this evening and had zero issues based on your instructions via downloading it on a SD card and plugging it into the HDS unit. BTW, how much is the new connect cable?
    Last edited by booter; 07-05-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Banned
    If mine is already working fine, what will I benefit. Hate to screw things up.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    If mine is already working fine, what will I benefit. Hate to screw things up.
    If it ain’t broke, dont fix it!

If yours is performing reliably, no reason to install the updates. As I said, some people have experienced issues with stability and missing data and this update is designed to address those issues.

5. Banned
    Like kicking a good horse in the nuts.? Thanks Moonlighter.

Hey Moonlighter, I'm checking into this for a friend of mine. He just bought a brand new DF140 and a Simrad 9 something NEMA 2000 compatible. I told him he should be able to get an engine interface cable and a starter kit to connect the Simrad to the engine. Do you know what Interface cable he needs please?
    TYIA
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

7. Member
    This is the interface cable, version 3.5.04 suits all engines 2013 and newer including current 2018/19 year engines, of all horsepower. This is the standard interface cable that works with the C-10 digital gauges.

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...5-38p71395.htm

This is a NMEA2000 starter kit from the same supplier

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...t-38p76433.htm

Now, a couple of things to note and alert your friend about.

1. Suzuki has recently released a new range of gauges in the USA. We, in the rest of the world, have had them since 2015. They just call them Suzuki Multifunction Gauge or SMG4. They work completely differently to the C-10 or the older round SMIS gauges, and they do not use any interface cable, they connect directly to the engine harness. I havent personally installed them as my engine is 2010 and these gauges only work with 2015 and later engines.

This is them: https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...Gauge-c405.htm

So your friend should check with his dealer as to what gauges he is going to choose for his new engine. This will obviously affect the earlier info re interface cables etc.

Here is a good video released a couple of years ago by Suzuki Australia on the SMG4 gauges. Enjoy the Aussie accent LOl!

2. Suzuki has also released a special CONNECT interface cable to be used where people dont want any gauges and simply choose to display their engine data on a Simrad or Lowrance display (eg the Navico stable). I mentioned this in the first post on this thread.

So, again, if your friend doesnt want to use any gauges, or, he wants to use a Navico display flush mounted in the dash for engine data, he would use the new Connect cable.

Quite a few people are considering using the Simrad GO7 or GO5 display as a flush mounted display, its full touch screen and has that very cool glass bridge look for the dash. Plus it then can also be used as a backup sonar/GPS/chartplotter.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-30-2019 at 02:44 AM.

Thanks Moonlighter,
    He already has the motor and they did install a round gauge but I don't know which one it is. If this gauge remains in place can he can still use the special connect with his SimRad?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Thanks Moonlighter,
    He already has the motor and they did install a round gauge but I don't know which one it is. If this gauge remains in place can he can still use the special connect with his SimRad?
    Should be fine - assuming that the “round gauge” is a standard analogue gauge - but that is an assumption. The only other round gauge from Suzuki is the old style SMIS digital gauge with B&W mono display, its still available but rarely installed these days so hopefully its not one of them.

Assuming its a anaolgue gauge then it will have the 4 warning lights at the bottom which give all the required codes and alerts.

Like this:
    https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...r-28p54773.htm

So then, he would be connecting the interface to the SDS port on the engine.

Since he already gets the warning codes etc on the analogue gauge, it would then be a matter of debate as to whether to get the new CONNEÇT cable, or to get the standard interface cable. It will depend on whether he wants the Suzuki customised gauges on his Simrad display along with the fault codes etc, or if he is happy to just get them in the analogue gauge. His call on that.

Either way will need to use an adapter cable to connect the interface cable to the SDS plug.

This one:
    https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...S-38p63581.htm

So, when you run both analogue gauges and digital in parallel, the setup of cables to the engine works like this...

1. Adapter cable plugs into the SDS plug on engine. Run the cable from the engine back to the boat via the rigging tube along with the fuel lines, wiring harness and control cables. This is actually the hardest part of the whole job. But most people can do it without too much drama.

I always recommend getting the long version of the adapter cable if its available in your country, or, if not available, cutting the cable in half and soldering in an extension so its long enough to go from the engine all the way to the dash on your boat. That way, when you connect it to the interface cable, the delicate interface cable lives up behind the dash where it is cool, dry and clean.

2. Connect the interface cable to the SDS cable.

3. Plug the other end of the interface cable into a network T piece that you have already put in place as part of the network backbone.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-30-2019 at 07:07 PM.