Youghiogheny Dam 7-4-19

This is my favorite lake and to be honest I have a lot of time on it. So I thought I would share some of the success I have on this lake.

My daughter and I got an early start today since I knew the lake would get busy from noon on. We were the fourth boat in at the breast launch. The fog was just lifting enough to be able to let it rip. I do my main fishing on the Maryland portion of the lake.

Today we caught 7 small mouth and got off the lake at 11am.

What worked today was 5 inch Senkos, black with blue specks. I used a1/8 weight and my daughter went Wacky. The fish were caught off shore between 10 and 5 foot of water. The bite was very light today and the fish were sluggish. In fact several of the fish I thought I snagged a small tree limb. However all fish were around the 3 pound mark.

Fishing pressure was extremly light today. I saw maybe two other bass boats and a few people trolling.

Skiers and Jet Skis were on the water early today but the water sport traffice was light 7am to 11am.

The weather was sunny and hot though a thunderstorm was rolling in by the time we pulled out. The water was high and a little murky with some small debrief in the water. The launch at the rt40 bridge was starting to get busy however the breast of the dam was still light.

2. Member

3. Member
    nice fish