Did the Vexus prices just go up?

looks like the prices went up. a week ago i was topping out the build around 55k now im hitting 59k!
    also seeing over 5k for 2 8' talons. under 5k from other brands when doing build a boat.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZethKinnettFishing View Post
    looks like the prices went up. a week ago i was topping out the build around 55k now im hitting 59k!
    also seeing over 5k for 2 8' talons. under 5k from other brands when doing build a boat.
    Yep, looks like there's an increase.

Here's my order shot from March.

Here it is now.

I suspect the increase is due to whatever changes are to the 2020 models that recently went into effect and just in general increase all around on supplies. I am curious as to the large $1400 jump for the Mercury motor. The Rude 135 was the top price back then. I think it's the same price as before actually but yeah. Interesting. I wonder if Vexus is now installing the external water filter Mercury recommends. I didn't think they did before but I could be wrong.

I also noticed a price jump for the glove box. It use to be the same price as the center seat. I notice some other options went up a little bit but not as big of a jump. Also see they added front "port" airshocks for the lids as an option now. They removed the "free" butt seat exchange option. Interested in what the new $500 package is. There's no details on it except for the price.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Looks like to me the bulk of the increase is 3rd party vendor items.

4. Banned
    The price on the model with the handrail should go down after they remove it on the 2020’s

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZethKinnettFishing View Post
    the price increase went in to effect July 1st, which is when they officially changed to the 2020 year models.

6. Member
    your right boat noobie, just about everything went up some.

7. Member
    boat newbie, the $500 package is the white bottom paint option on the red boat. I believe the white bottom paint option is for all the colors, not just red, it replaces the gray bottoms.
    Last edited by Grizzz; 07-06-2019 at 09:44 AM.

8. Member
    I signed an order in June for my AVX1980 but it took into account 2020 build and pricing; we were able to get the sale contract in place in time to take advantage of the Evinrude rebate and extended warranty

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toadhead View Post
    I signed an order in June for my AVX1980 but it took into account 2020 build and pricing; we were able to get the sale contract in place in time to take advantage of the Evinrude rebate and extended warranty
    Rebate and extended warranty? I bought mine in June, never was told about this.

10. Member
    The price of aluminum is up because of the tariffs on Chinese metal and even if they use American metal made it went up too to what ever price the market will bare.

11. Member
    Hey it’s storming again today, so here I go.

Prices on most things go up over time (inflation), and if there is enough demand for a product like the Vexus they may bump the price. It’s the supply & demand principal at work. At the Bassmaster Classic I saw this demand coming with many boat dealers talking to Vexus about when they might become a dealer. We’ve seen their first dealers sell a bunch of boats, and now more Vexus dealers are being added to the list. New dealers are selling boats before customers can come see them in stock. Demand seems strong, supply is limited to the number they can produce which may not match this demand. If this is the case, there is room to up the price a touch. The more people see and ride in these boats, the more demand there will be.

Last fall when we were on the fish, a friend invited my fishing buddy and myself to fish with him on a borrowed new Nitro Z21 with the new V8 Mercury 4Stroke motor. We jumped at the chance and although this cloudy, windy day was slow fishing wise, we sure enjoyed riding over the rough water on that big ole boat. It rode great. But, it was a big, heavy boat that requires a full size powerful truck to pull it around. It takes up a lot of room to stow. It was great, but it didn’t fit my needs.

I wanted a boat I could pull with my V6 Lexus RX300 AWD with tow package. So, the AVX1980/G2 is what I chose. I ride these same rough waters in my AVX980 now, and it doesn’t plow through the waves like a 21’ big heavy fiberglass boat does. But, it sure goes through them pretty darn well and does it while keeping you dry. The wind hasn’t stopped us from going any where we needed to go to get to the fish in the Vexus. We’ve been out there this year with the FLW, Costa, and MLF guys and it seems we keep up with them pretty well. When they are slowing down to get through it, we are slowing down about the same amount. My fishing buddy loves it, and he fishes out of his tournament partner’s Triton 21’.

I tell you all of this, because more and more people are discovering how well this boat performs in rough water. I predict demand to keep building for the Vexus AVX boat. Anyone thinking of buying a bass boat in the near future owes it to themselves to ride and preferably drive one of these boats before making a final decision.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 07-13-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

12. Member
    Hmmm, something I noticed but can't seem to figure out. Maybe its just an oversite, but on the Vexus 1880 info page, it states prices start at $27,195 but there doesn't seem to be any engine option for that low of a price. Lowest engine option is with the Suzuki @ $28,595.

[QUOTE BoatNoobie;10416169]Hmmm, something I noticed but can't seem to figure out. Maybe its just an oversite, but on the Vexus 1880 info page, it states prices start at $27,195 but there doesn't seem to be any engine option for that low of a price. Lowest engine option is with the Suzuki @ $28,595.

[/QUOTE]

Yea the 1980 is the same way. They updated the build page but the boat model summary page still has the 2019 prices.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

14. Member
    Because it automatically adds in the Victor package

15. Member
    The price option for the PRO XS just jumped up in the last month. It used to be cheaper than the Evinrudes, but now it's more. I think they are trying to balance demand of the motors???