2008 210 pedestal pole

I need to replace my butt seat . I'll contact the company ( Lebroc ) and get one ordered. I need to know which pedestal to purchase for the front deck. I was in Bass Pro Shops the other day and the only one they had that looked like it might work was a Springfield hydraulic with a snap lock design. I kinda don't think that is the correct one for this boat. I'm wondering if Swiveleze is the correct one.

Previous owner added a different pedestal receptacle in the front deck. I'm not sure which is factory and which is the add on. One has the 1.75" or 1.77" and the other is the 3/4" . I want to get a pedestal that fits the 1.75". I don't think my receptacle in the deck has a cutout for the snap lock but I'm not sure. Anyone know what this boat came with from the factory?

Also , can Lebroc use my HIN# to help me select the correct color for the buttseat? It's basically blue and silver but I want to get the right color of blue the first time.
    GETFISHED !!!

2. Member
    That Springfield is the replacement I used on my 2008, 206. Works perfect.

3. Member
    Thanks for the response. Do you happen to know the height when it is extended of the pedestal pole itself ? I want to make sure to get one that lifts up high enough for me. I'm 6'.
    GETFISHED !!!

4. Member
    I was at Cabelas today and they had one by Springfield and one by Swiveleze. They are different. Anyone know what came standard on the 08 210 model ?
    GETFISHED !!!

5. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Measure pedestal base hole. Springfield is 1.77" and Swivl-eze is 1,75. I forget what year Champ went from Swivl-eze to Springfield.

6. Member
    The Springfield and Swiveleze at Cabela's both state on the packaging 1.75". They have different locking mechanisms at the bottom of the pole. Is it possible that my 08 210 came factory with the 3/4" base ? Reason is I have the 3/4" on the front and back. However I also have a 1.75" on the front deck. I think it may be an "add on ".
    GETFISHED !!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    The Springfield and Swiveleze at Cabela's both state on the packaging 1.75". They have different locking mechanisms at the bottom of the pole. Is it possible that my 08 210 came factory with the 3/4" base ? Reason is I have the 3/4" on the front and back. However I also have a 1.75" on the front deck. I think it may be an "add on ".
    Steve, are you sure the packaging states 1.75"? The original Swivel-Eze that came on my 2006 198 was a 1.75" Snap Lock post, but I have since bought 3 replacements and they have all been 1.77".

Original.
    IMG_1738.JPG

1.77 Replacement. I pull the snap lock inserts out off my posts, makes them easy/easier to remove should they get stuck.
    IMG_1741.JPGIMG_1740.JPG

There is a conversion bushing to convert 1.75 - 1.77 post base to 3/4".

https://www.amazon.com/Swivl-Eze-ADA.../dp/B005NI4Q1I

Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

8. Member
    OK Ed thank you for the reply. First off I'm pretty sure both the Springfield and the Swiveleze had 1.75 or 1 &3/4 on the package. In my case it may not matter since I have used a flapper wheel in the hole in the deck.

Next . If I remember correctly the Swiveleze has the end of the pedestal like in your first pic. Thanks for the pics btw.
    The Springfield model had a "locking hook" for lack of a better description protruding out the very end as opposed to the Swiveleze which has a tab button sticking out about 1 inch from the end. I think the one in your first pic is the one I need.

My boat has a 3/4 hole on both the front and back deck ( which may be the factory install, not sure ) . It also has the 1.75 or 1.77 on the front deck also.

I'm interested in knowing which was installed by Champion, the 1.75 or the 3/4" . I suppose it's also possible that it came with 1.75 or 1.77 from the factory with an additional hole on the front deck for preference and maybe a previous owner installed the adapter busing to 3/4 in the other 2 holes. Just not sure.

Are you confused yet ?

Now as far as your comment about removing the hardware on the bottom of the pole my question would be : Without the hardware in place have you ever had any concern about the pedestal coming out when making a run and hitting some big waves or rough water ?

Reason for all the nonsense here is I am using a 1.77 base that I cut off about 2" inches because it had been damaged. It is a tad short . I was going to replace it with a full length one but I can't decide which one to get the 3/4 which for some reason I personally don't care for or the Swiveleze.

Thanks for replying.
    GETFISHED !!!

9. Member
    I think in 1997 maybe '96 Champion went with the 1.75" snap lock posts. The last Champion I bought, 2006 198,and still own has FACTORY 1.75" snap lock base. I can't say what Champion used from 2007 -2010.

With the Snap Lock tabs removed from my posts I have never had a problem with the posts popping out in any conditions. I have never seen the front post even wobble or jump in rough conditions.

Get in touch with Agpilot, he has the same 2008 210. See what his factory posts are.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=994169
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

10. Member
    Thanks Ed R
    GETFISHED !!!

11. Member
    My 2008 210 came with 2 post mounting holes on the front deck, and 1 on the back deck. All of them are the larger holes, not 3/4”. My seat posts have the bottom hook, not the tab on the side.

12. Member
    Thank you. Now I'm getting somewhere. I think someone installed the 3/4 adapters in a couple of the holes. I'll check mine closer to see if they will accept the type with the latch hook on the bottom.
    GETFISHED !!!