210 elite Yamaha 250 SHO repower

Hey guys just wanted to post my repower numbers on my 2008 210 elite. I did the 2 hour break this morning and made a few wide open runs. The boat was loaded with tournament gear, two 8’ blades, ultrex 112, 48 gallons of fuel, live well full, and one 240lb driver. Top speed was 72.5 gps at 5900 rpms. I’m running a 3 blade fury 24p.

My wot running room was short on this small lake today, I think she has a few more rpms left. I’ll be on Toledo Bend this weekend and get a good long run.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Agpilot; 07-04-2019 at 09:53 PM.

2. Member
    Those seem like pretty good numbers with a load!

3. Member
    I agree.. I’m very impressed with the Sho performance!

That's about right for that set up. Well done.

5. Member
    Nice ! I'm having a hard time not switching to the Sho. Getting tired of waiting on the Merc. The description you gave regarding your load and setup is durn near identical to the way mine is most all the time. So it's good info for me. Thanks and hope you enjoy it.
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Nice ! I'm having a hard time not switching to the Sho. Getting tired of waiting on the Merc. The description you gave regarding your load and setup is durn near identical to the way mine is most all the time. So it's good info for me. Thanks and hope you enjoy it.
    Thanks, and I will post some more numbers Sunday.

7. Member
    Thats a 75 plus boat easy when your unloaded! SHO will be my next motor!!!

8. Okchamp210
    76.6 to be exact at 6000 RPM WOT

9. Member
    What motor did you have before? And I'm sure the hole shot improved significantly with the SHO correct? My 206 with 2 guys, loaded, and livewell starts to show it's weight when taking off. I like my top end numbers currently with the 300 hpdi but a SHO with it's advantages would make me want to keep my 206 for a long time. Still need more time to play with the setup but a SHO is on the radar one day.

10. Member
    Sharp rig right there! The only thing I'd ever swap my XB for is a tuned SHO. Glad you're liking it.
    Champion 206
    250XB

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass1980 View Post
    What motor did you have before? And I'm sure the hole shot improved significantly with the SHO correct? My 206 with 2 guys, loaded, and livewell starts to show it's weight when taking off. I like my top end numbers currently with the 300 hpdi but a SHO with it's advantages would make me want to keep my 206 for a long time. Still need more time to play with the setup but a SHO is on the radar one day.
    I had a 300xs before. The hole shot is better with the SHO and so far I’ve only seen a 2 mph loss on top end

12. Member
    Saturday Bass Champs Tournament load on Sam Rayburn. Very heavy load.
    Two guys 240lb and 200lb
    co anglers gear 150lb (seriously!)
    50 gallons of fuel
    live wells full (50 gallons)

5600 RPMS 68mph, hole shot was sluggish but still better than my 300xs with this load. I found my best speed was with the jack plate set about 2” lower than when I was by myself. As we burned through fuel the hole shot improved and on the way in we hit 70. This is with the fury 24p 3 blade. I have 7 hours on the motor now and will experiment with props after I pass 20 hours.
    Last edited by Agpilot; 07-14-2019 at 11:10 AM.

13. Member
    Nice! Yeah I'm willing to sacrifice a few MPH on top end for better hole shot. And I hate 2 stroke oil.

14. Member
    what is your prop to pad

Quote Originally Posted by Agpilot View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to post my repower numbers on my 2008 210 elite. I did the 2 hour break this morning and made a few wide open runs. The boat was loaded with tournament gear, two 8’ blades, ultrex 112, 48 gallons of fuel, live well full, and one 240lb driver. Top speed was 72.5 gps at 5900 rpms. I’m running a 3 blade fury 24p.

My wot running room was short on this small lake today, I think she has a few more rpms left. I’ll be on Toledo Bend this weekend and get a good long run.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swivel'n View Post
    what is your prop to pad
    I have a bob’s hydraulic jack plate so I’ve never measured p2p. I will check Saturday

16. Member
    Nm.