Rodman/ St.Johns river help please

About 40 years ago as a kid my Dad took me on a guided trip to Rodman and I managed to catch one 9lbs. 2 oz. He had it mounted for me and the plaque says caught at Rodman Pool. We were on vacation at Daytona and drove there for the trip. I think the guides name was Chuck, maybe Taylor was his last name but 40 years is awhile ago . Seems they had a lodge , I remember his dad weighing the fish and we had lunch there before we went back out.
    I'd love to go back and fish it again but unfortunately my Dad has passed on , I wish I would have asked while he was here.
    Does the area sound familiar to anyone ? any Guides or Marinas in that area ?
    Thank you..

2. Member
    There are no lodges or Marinas on Rodman. 40 years ago you could put in under the trees at the end of the road where Kenwood is now. Maybe there was something back then down by Hog Valley.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

3. Member
    In 1979 I took business associates to Rodman. I think the name at the time was Champion Bass Guides. They had accommodations at Salt Springs. We drove to Rodman and put in at Hog Valley. I'm sure the original people have passed away by now. You might look them up and see if they are still there. We also fished Lake Kerr because their accommodations were in Salt Springs.

I found a old article referring to the pool area , where deep creek and the oklawaha come together.

scroll through this link and look at page 19.

https://books.google.com/books?id=_R...page&q&f=false