Thread: Lower unit plug

Exclamation Lower unit plug

Had a bad gasket on lower unit drain plug it was leaking so went to replace it pulled plug found magnet was broke off lower unit drain plug. Any ideas on what to do next?(2002 225 ox66)
    Last edited by DennisJensen; 07-04-2019 at 09:36 AM.

2. Member
    I don't see how it could break off...Are you sure whoever did the last gear oil change didn't put the top plug in bottom by mistake? I don't think the top plug in Yamahas has a magnet.

I'm stumped on how it could break off but its gone

Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    I don't see how it could break off...Are you sure whoever did the last gear oil change didn't put the top plug in bottom by mistake? I don't think the top plug in Yamahas has a magnet.
    I agree, Or they replaced the bottom with the wrong plug.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/14wvj9k.jpg[/IMG sorry guys tried to post pic but can't get it to work from phone I'm up at cabin no internet

Mystery solved they put bottom plug in top. I didn't look when I pulled them out. I was looking in top hole and it looked plugged with something the broken magnet was still there I poked a screwdriver in and got it out. Thanks for the help guys