Question Looking for anyone with good rebuild experience

I hear a lot nightmare stories about after effects of rebuids anyone having good outcomes?

2. Member
    Mine seems good. I got an 03 hpdi and had it rebuilt 2 seasons ago. Runs strong.

3. Member
    It is all about the rebuilder. There is no reason why a rebuild shop cannot do every bit as good a job rebuilding a motor as Yamamoto did when assembling the motor in the first place. If they choose to do so.

4. Banned
    I had one done and it lasted about 7 or 8 years.

5. Member
    Take it to Hydro Tec in Nixa Missouri and it will be done right! With a full 1 year warranty!!! My last 2 motors came from them. They are the experts on Yamaha!!

6. Member
    I did my ox66 myself with good results until my oil injection decided to quit on me. Just make sure the root cause is fixed or you’ll be doing it again

7. Member
    Rebuilt pro v 150 myself last year. Has about 60 hrs on it now and runs great. I’ll echo that, THE ISSUE THE ORIGINALLY CAUSED THE PROBLEM MUST BE FOUND AND FIXED. Preventative maintenance is key. Especially with the newer motors that are wound out for peak performance. Finding an issue that isn’t an issue yet can save a lot of headaches. Outboards are high performance motors. High performance=high maintenance.

8. Member
    Has any gad the HPDI pump rebuilt. ?
    my shop has replaced everything up to that, the injectors are coming back next week
    and if they don’t solve issue I will need to decide on used / rebuilt / or new HPDI

9. Member
    Which pump? The vst pump i believe can be rebuilt.

10. Member
    Agree with hydro tech...did mine and no issues...

11. Member
    I broke a piston on my 2006 3.3L HPDI several years ago. I sent the fully dressed powerhead to HydroTec by freight. They rebuilt it and shipped it back. Everything went smoothly. Still running great.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader186S View Post
    I broke a piston on my 2006 3.3L HPDI several years ago. I sent the fully dressed powerhead to HydroTec by freight. They rebuilt it and shipped it back. Everything went smoothly. Still running great.

What at was the cost if you don’t mind me asking?
    Ranger Z520
    Yamaha HPDI 250

13. Member
    I think it was a little less than $4K with 6 new pistons, one hole sleeved, the others bored, bearings, a check of the fuel and ignition systems, gaskets to reinstall the powerhead, one year warranty, and shipping back to me. WSM pistons were used instead of the problem plagued Yamaha ones.

14. Member
    I just spoke with the shop and they installed the cleaned injectors only to discover the issue is traced to the injector driver.
    they said they used another customers unit and the motor ran fine.
    Thanks to Andy at Sim Yamaha for finding me one at a fraction of the price. Hope this is end of this rabbit hole.

15. Member
    Andy is top notch, great people to deal with. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.