early morning and dusk in the summer

Someone walk me through looking for fish at these times please. I feel like during the day I can find some fish deep on ledges and structure but get lost on areas to pinpoint at these "best" times.

2. Member
    I’m not a particularly great fisherman and I often overthink things, but I target shallow areas with wood and/or vegetation during these times, preferably a large shallow flat or weedy point, but only those that are less than ~100 yards from 20+ fow. If the prevailing winds were out of the north all day, that dusk and the next sunrise I will pick out north facing shallow weedbeds on the south shores thinking that maybe the baitfish got blown in there. If you are on good numbers and size offshore maybe fish the shallowest most current facing spot within a couple hundred yards of the structure that you found fish on.

3. Member
    I've kinda been going thru this process as well. Had some huge schools suspended about in May/Early June. Then I lost them. My answer has been to find grass flats relatively close to the holes they were suspended in. They're not far from the ledges, they're around. You don't have to go far to find them. 10-15 ft of water with grass has been the answer for me. It's probably hotter here, and they may behave differently, but the general thought would be that if you can find them in the holes mid-day...they are somewhere close in the morning and evening.

4. Member
    Im covering flats, points and breaks with a topwater making commotion. Mainly for smallmouth ok yep its always for smallmouth i am spoiled.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    In my area in the morning I’m looking for actively feeding fish in shallow vegetation, 2-8’ of water.

The afternoon is very weather dependent! If it’s overcast I can follow the morning pattern a lot, but if it’s been a long hot day I will look at vegetation off the shoreline, usually 100-200 yards offshore where they stage up before moving shallow at night.

Then again...I pretty much stink!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Banned
    www.huntfishsport.com Punch in the coordinates that You want to fish and this will provide both "Good" and "Excellent" times to fish. It is based on both the Sun(Sol) and Moon (lunar) phases