Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    When they are blinking green, the charge is "finishing/finalizing". Eventually, the green lights stop blinking and stay illuminated green on the 100%, just like my old AGMs did. You are correct in saying that I use my charger the same way I always did.
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-action View Post
    So, basically what you are saying is that the PC charger will act just like it will with AGM batteries? When the lithium batteries are fully charged the charger will blink green lights,correct??

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbass1 View Post
    One thing you need to know about lithium batteries is when they are not going to be used. They like to be stored at around 40% charge. Unlike AGM or wet cell that need to be close to 100% when stored.
    I think that is long term storage(like winter) my understanding is less than 100% is best most of the time anyway. Many of these numbers are lab tests trying to get the optimum performance and longevity. Not much is all that practical in the real world. Bob

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H22BASS250SHO View Post
    When they are blinking green, the charge is "finishing/finalizing". Eventually, the green lights stop blinking and stay illuminated green on the 100%, just like my old AGMs did. You are correct in saying that I use my charger the same way I always did.
    I usually unplug mine. I looked at the manual, after 12 hours flashing it goes solid green(long term maint. mode). You are correct

4. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by mwbass View Post
    Do you know if the charger pulses the amps?
    Noco chargers just as most any moderate higher amp lightweight charger is transformerless using pulse charging. Lower costs is realized because of the absent copper. These chargers are unable to supply continuous charging current, instead using high frequency switched pulses.

Charging amps may have more of an impact to charging times when the batteries are new. The current generation lithium ion cells being purchased by the newest makers of lithium batteries charge faster when new but with age the cells more quickly saturate and will increasingly charge slower.
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 08-09-2019 at 05:22 PM.

5. Member
    Charging my Ionic batteries now with a Noco g26000. Batteries were at 75% according to the app. It is showing only 5amps charging set on lithium mode . Estimate of 2 hours. I was hoping it would be faster. I am thinking of returning it. How does the charger that Ionic sells work (20a) ? Thanks

update- I restarted the charger and watched the amps with lithium mode. It went 2a 5a 10a 13a 15a 25a and back down to 5a. I tried the normal 12v mode and it went 2a 5a 10a 15a 25a and stayed there. I am not sure what this means. The "genius" charge is not looking so smart unless I am missing something
    Last edited by mwbass; 08-09-2019 at 06:09 PM.

6. Member
    The slower you charge lithium batteries the better to A certain extent, Heat is the What cause you to get less life out of the battery. If you only charged the battery to 85% and draw it down to 40% you could probably expect the battery to out last you. That is if you charged the batteries with an ambient temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Of coarse this would require you to have a much larger bank of batteries than is practical and the cost would be to much. The people using solar to charge batteries will get probably twice the life from their batteries because they charge at a slower rate and Very seldom charge the batteries to fully.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Charging my Ionic batteries now with a Noco g26000. Batteries were at 75% according to the app. It is showing only 5amps charging set on lithium mode . Estimate of 2 hours. I was hoping it would be faster. I am thinking of returning it. How does the charger that Ionic sells work (20a) ? Thanks

update- I restarted the charger and watched the amps with lithium mode. It went 2a 5a 10a 13a 15a 25a and back down to 5a. I tried the normal 12v mode and it went 2a 5a 10a 15a 25a and stayed there. I am not sure what this means. The "genius" charge is not looking so smart unless I am missing something
    I just hooked a g26000 back up, it does the same, but last time it still charged quick , did yours finish at 100% pretty quick?
    I have some guys running the 20a ionic maybe some of them will comet
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    I left the charger on until I had to quite. Did not want to leave it plunged in overnight. It got to 90% after 1 1/2 hours from 75%. I have 2 50ah batteries and total charge time would have been 4hr for the 2 batteries (single battery charging) . The reason I chose the g26000 was because it was a 26amp charger and had a lithium profile. It was only charge @ 5ah and thought it would use the full 26a. I would like to know more about the about the 20a charger from Ionic . It says they are a (CCCV) constant current, constant voltage. Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I just hooked a g26000 back up, it does the same, but last time it still charged quick , did yours finish at 100% pretty quick?
    I have some guys running the 20a ionic maybe some of them will comet

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I left the charger on until I had to quite. Did not want to leave it plunged in overnight. It got to 90% after 1 1/2 hours from 75%. I have 2 50ah batteries and total charge time would have been 4hr for the 2 batteries (single battery charging) . The reason I chose the g26000 was because it was a 26amp charger and had a lithium profile. It was only charge @ 5ah and thought it would use the full 26a. I would like to know more about the about the 20a charger from Ionic . It says they are a (CCCV) constant current, constant voltage. Let me know what you think.
    I will run mine down a bit this weekend and test the 26000 again
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    Will charging a set of Ionic 50's with standard 10A DualPro affect their life? Mine seems to be charging to 100 percent pretty quick but it takes a while for them to go into standby.

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flipper View Post
    Will charging a set of Ionic 50's with standard 10A DualPro affect their life? Mine seems to be charging to 100 percent pretty quick but it takes a while for them to go into standby.
    DualPro said do not use the DeltaVolt on an ionic or any lithium battery, if you are using it I would not wait for it to go to standby, check the app and unplug the charger soon as the batteries reach 100%,

I recommend getting it programmed or sale it and replace with one with the NANO profile
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    DualPro said do not use the DeltaVolt on an ionic or any lithium battery,
    Information from some Lithium makers seems conflicting stating their battery can be successfully charged with AGM chargers.......the popular widely used DeltaVolt profile charger sold by Dual Pro is long recognized as among the best chargers available for AGMs.
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 08-15-2019 at 05:34 PM.

13. Member
    AGM's have different tolerances than Lithiums. By what Drew said about standby mode their float voltage might be above the Lithiums ceiling. I have seen 13.4 on some specs. Lithium chargers would just shut down at that point but the AGM profile has the float. I know 13.2 is good and that is why I was told the MK460PC was compatable with LIfePo4. It is not needed but it won't hurt. Bob

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    From personal bench testing the Deltavolt on a Ionic 50ah and a K2 48ah, if the battery was at around 80% or higher the charger would trip the high voltage circuit on the BMS and if left plugged in the battery would reset itself and repeat the cycle, at 50% the dual pro would complete the charge and go into standby/maintenance mode. I have seen 14.9 to 15.2 volts on a PS4 Deltavolt during the first 15 to 20 minutes
    when I signed on as a dealer we discussed the profiles and they said that they developed the NaNo as the Lithium Standard, they used to have a different profile for every brand but now the NaNo is a universal profile that works with a variety of lithium's, this is now also used for battleborn and relions and K2s. I believe Lithium Pros 12v is the only one with its own profile now. the max voltage on agm with the 440pc and 460pc must be lower, and the NOCO never goes over 13.5 to 13.6
    info@drewcraft.com

15. Member
    I'm just coming onboard to this topic but I have a dual pro SS4 Sportsman series 4/10amp and wondered if this was compatible with the 125ah battery for a cranking battery?
    Thanks

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishingislife79 View Post
    I'm just coming onboard to this topic but I have a dual pro SS4 Sportsman series 4/10amp and wondered if this was compatible with the 125ah battery for a cranking battery?
    Thanks
    if its fairly new they may still program it, I would not send it for one bank, you could use a small single bank for the 125ah of thats the only lithium
    info@drewcraft.com

17. Member
    i currently have it going to 3 agm TM batteries and an X2 for cranking, was going to swap X2 out and put in 125ah using the dual pro sportsman ss4 for the charging system, wanted to get feedback/verify the ss4 is compatible with the 125ah - then next year get 3 of the 50ah for the TM batteries

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishingislife79 View Post
    i currently have it going to 3 agm TM batteries and an X2 for cranking, was going to swap X2 out and put in 125ah using the dual pro sportsman ss4 for the charging system, wanted to get feedback/verify the ss4 is compatible with the 125ah - then next year get 3 of the 50ah for the TM batteries
    normally they will reprogram the ss4 for $20 per bank and you pay shipping both ways, $30 to $35 each way, they prefer not to reprogram unless they are petty new, due to the recent demand for lithium chargers the reprogramming is slowing down there techs from there normal dutys and warranty work, this also means a lot longer wait time getting the charger back, they are recommending to customers with a charger a few years old to buy a lith and sale they delta volt. but in your case of swapping the cranking battery out first I would get a single charger for now or possibly a 4 bank that charges agms and lithium

pm me if I can help answer anymore questions, I have a lot of options in the way of chargers.
    info@drewcraft.com

19. Member
    The reason you need a charger to go to 14.4 is that the BMS ( the controller Circuit) will only balance the cells on your battery if it gets to that voltage, if one of the cells get out of balance it will reduce the capacity of the whole battery. This only needs to happen about every 20th charge cycle. Hope this helps.

20. Finally over 80
    I'm considering Ionic batteries but wondering is a stealth 1 charger OK for these batteries?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast