Outfitter Help!??

Three dads are looking to take our college kids on a hunting trip as a graduation gift. I have been doing research on outfitters in Kansas and Montana. It is very difficult to wade through all the info and find one that has positive reviews. We have never used an outfitter before so very new to the process. Anyone have any positive experience with an outfitter? We live in VA and are looking to go out west and have a chance of not just killing a big deer but seeing some big deer.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it.

thank you
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

2. Member
    I would contact the hunting consultant division of Cabelas - Worldwide Hunting Adventures. Their consultants have a lot of knowledge and are in contact with a bunch of outfitters. Good luck!

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by lunker56 View Post
    Three dads are looking to take our college kids on a hunting trip as a graduation gift. I have been doing research on outfitters in Kansas and Montana. It is very difficult to wade through all the info and find one that has positive reviews. We have never used an outfitter before so very new to the process. Anyone have any positive experience with an outfitter? We live in VA and are looking to go out west and have a chance of not just killing a big deer but seeing some big deer.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it.

thank you
    I know a bunch of outfitters, lets talk. I would be glad to help. First Off, there are two awesome outfitters in Montana I deal with a lot, pretty much every season. What are you looking for to hunt? I also know a real good outfitter in colorado as well, close friend of mine and genuine individual.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Not sure how Montana works but Kansas has the lottery tag system that has to be applied for in April of the year you plan to hunt. Sometimes it’s difficult for all 6 to receive a tag. May be something to look into before deciding on kansas.

5. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coreyl65 View Post
    Not sure how Montana works but Kansas has the lottery tag system that has to be applied for in April of the year you plan to hunt. Sometimes it’s difficult for all 6 to receive a tag. May be something to look into before deciding on kansas.
    You can apply as a party in Kansas. My two sons and I got drawn this year.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    You can apply as a party in Kansas. My two sons and I got drawn this year.
    I wish we knew about the party application. After 9 years of our group of 8 not having a problem getting drawn applying individually 4 of us didn’t get a tag. Needless to say our lease is a little messed up for the year.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I wish we knew about the party application. After 9 years of our group of 8 not having a problem getting drawn applying individually 4 of us didn’t get a tag. Needless to say our lease is a little messed up for the year.
    Roddy got lucky drawing this year and knows a guy....LOL. It is going to get tougher in 2020 for Kansas draw, they are making some more changes.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Montana is not bad at all if have an outfitter. I got with 5-6 people each time and have to do all the tags for everyone. there's a trick.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

9. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman25 View Post
    Roddy got lucky drawing this year and knows a guy....LOL. It is going to get tougher in 2020 for Kansas draw, they are making some more changes.
    I may even know a guy that knows a guy. Lol. You better let me.kniw when Your going to be in Nashville.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

10. Member
    If you just want to have a fun hunt and you bowhunt, come to Az in January for Javelina and archery deer. Two species and the bucks are rutting great desert spot and stalk fun.

11. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    If you just want to have a fun hunt and you bowhunt, come to Az in January for Javelina and archery deer. Two species and the bucks are rutting great desert spot and stalk fun.
    Sounds fun. One of the guys I hunted with in Nee Zealnd lives in Phoenix.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

12. Member
    I'd find an outfitter in NE tags are cheaper and most are OTC
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    They still have the late deer season, down south? I saw some big desert mules and a killed a nice (tiny)10 point Coos deer there back in the day.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    They still have the late deer season, down south? I saw some big desert mules and a killed a nice (tiny)10 point Coos deer there back in the day.
    Yes, most of the state is open in December and January.

15. Member
    I have 4 hunters in units 11 + 12 looking for gun season. PM if you have any interest.

16. Banned
    I drew a tag every year I put in for a Kansas archery tag, luckily I killed a net 200 of my friends farm that does some outfitting.