waypoint location

Having trouble with waypoint distance. Let’s say I mark a way point and I have the ring circles on and my boat is in the first circle even with my heading line pointing right at the waypoint I can’t seem to hit it/find with my cast how can I fix this?

2. Member
    You need to mark a way point for it from 4 different directions. If said way point is on a slope line up going up the slope and mark it. Then mark it coming down the slope. Then mark it 90 degrees from up the slope and 90 degrees from down the slope. Basically you'll be getting way point when traveling North, South, East, West. Then.... you'll sorta kinna have a clue as to where it actually is. When you get the boat in position to fish the way point, once you actually have an idea where it is, mark a way point for boat position. Then triangulate with on shore objects to determine "exactly" where the boat is setting and which way it's pointing. Then... as long as the EPE is similar to the last time you'll have a clue as to where you need to cast. Best bet is to drop a buoy on it and then position the boat for fishing. If you're triangulation is good you won't have to do this but one time.

Soooo... you can do all'a that above ORrrrrrr.... Get a bait in the brush pile or whatever you're trying to mark. Then troll the boat towards it until you are directly over the brush pile. Then... hit way point on the bow MFD. After that you'll have a way point directly over the brush pile with the understanding that "way point directly over" is a bit misleading insomuch as the EPE(Estimated Position Error) may, or may not, put you directly over the brush pile tomorrow. That's why you really want to get used to triangulating your position once you have the boat in the location you'll be fishing from.
    Last edited by yupitsme; 07-03-2019 at 08:18 AM.

3. Member
    Turn on "distance to waypoint" on your graph

4. Member
    Where do you find “distance to waypoint” in settings?

5. Member
    Look at the bottom right corner of the screen and it will tell you the distance to the "range rings". As you zoom in and out the distance will change.

John

6. Member
    "Distance to Destination" touch your screen on your waypoint then menu your WP name will pop up and hit your WP name, then "Go To WP Name" this will tell you how many feet you are from your way point. you will have to add it to your data overlay so you can see it on your screen. it will show up on your screen as "D to D" I use this a lot and it is helpful, to turn off Menu,Navigation,Cancel

7. Member
    Also you can add BEARING TO WAYPOINT IN EDIT OVERLAY on ANY screen.

8. Member
    Mark the waypoint.
    Use Point-1 for direction.
    Touch the waypoint to place cursor on it.
    Waypoint coordinates & distance-to is displayed in lower-left of screen.

9. Member
    I do what most are saying here. I like the distance to destination on the overlay idea. I might do that myself.If you have structure scan, I'm finding it's also a valuable tool for finding what your looking for.