Brother inlaw wanting a Bullet for rough water

I know some of you guys have been in 21 ft bullets how are they in rough water? He was going for champion but he is now sold on bullet because he can get into a newer boat for less money and has heard the big bullets are good in rough stuff

I dont want to go to the Kool Aid factory and ask about Kool Aid is why I'm here

2. Member
    I guess the kool aid came to you

I’ve never bin in a 21 Allison so I can’t compare to that but I have had a Skeeter and champion before. I own a 21xrd at the moment and I believe it rides way better than my champ or Skeeter I’ve bin in a stroker before and I feel it rode a lot like my Skeeter. A lot of people that have bin in both 21 Allison and bullet say the Allison rides even better. To put it this way my wife hated riding in both my Skeeter and champion because of the way they rode but she actually enjoys going out in the bullet.

Btw no kool aid for me lol I like all boats.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

3. Member
    I have had a great deal of time spent driving and riding in a 21' Bullet. Good ride in rough water. Not Allison Great, but good. Better than most others. I'd personally have a Bullet if I went brain dead and decided to go to a different glass boat from my XB21.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    I have had a great deal of time spent driving and riding in a 21' Bullet. Good ride in rough water. Not Allison Great, but good. Better than most others. I'd personally have a Bullet if I went brain dead and decided to go to a different glass boat from my XB21.
    Braindead lol
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

5. Member
    Tim Powell did a post on the Bullet page a couple yrs ago comparing his Bullets to his XB21. Bullet guys didn't care for the results and Tim is still running the Allisons. Have your BIL read that post and if he needs to save a few dollars and is ok with second best then that is ok also.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs