26 Bravo 1 XS with cracked blade

I purchased a prop off the board and when I recieved it, after further inspection the prop looked like it had a few blades folded over at one time which were beaten back into shape. One of them has a crack in it. My question is, would this be a pretty easy fix for someone like Mark? I don't want to have to worry about slinging a blade down the road.

I have done a ton of homework on props and have come to the conclusion that Mark's Razor 4 XL is one of the best props money can buy. That being said...Metal can be repaired, re-welded and reshaped but their is a cost not including shipping. I hope you got a good enough deal on it.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

3. Member
    It wold be OK for most boats. I wold not run it on a boat that surfaces the prop.

4. Member
    If you bought it on here and the cracks and repairs were not mentioned in the description I'd contact the seller and want my money back.

5. Member
    I agree about talking to the seller.
    But to answer your question, yes, Mark can repair a cracked blade and you’ll never know it was repaired. (Except no more crack)

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I did contact the seller and also a board admin and it was determined that I did the damage due to the timeline. I didn't open the box for about a month because my boat was in the shop and I had some tournaments shortly after getting it back with no time for prop testing. Long story short, they said I was making the whole thing up. I'll send it off to Mark and try to cut my losses.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatmywake View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I did contact the seller and also a board admin and it was determined that I did the damage due to the timeline. I didn't open the box for about a month because my boat was in the shop and I had some tournaments shortly after getting it back with no time for prop testing. Long story short, they said I was making the whole thing up. I'll send it off to Mark and try to cut my losses.
    I've purchased a handful of used props from BBC members and have only had one bad experience. Sometimes you take your chances buying "used". Send it to Mark, every prop he has worked for me (roughly a dozen) have come back better than new. I sure hope he's training his replacement when he decides to hang it up.