Carbon Unit Best Transducer?

I currently run my Carbon with LSS2 transducer and box. Looking to upgrade the transducer. What is the best way to go?

2. Member
    3d module and transducer

3. Member
    Second best is 2 in 1/ 3 in 1 AI transducer

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noahtn View Post
    I currently run my Carbon with LSS2 transducer and box. Looking to upgrade the transducer. What is the best way to go?
    How the picture return on the down image and side with this setup? What making you change may I ask?

5. Member
    I just switched to the Live units but my Carbons did really great with the SS3D module and transducer... and for 2d I use the Airmar TM 150. I upgraded from the LSS-2.

TM 150 on transom and on the TM with the LSS-1. The LSS-1 pictures on downscan are excellent, sidescan is good on the TM.... and the SS3D module and transducer + Airmar are terrific.
    Tommy
    Prostaff
    Lowrance/Navico

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prostaff1 View Post
    I just switched to the Live units but my Carbons did really great with the SS3D module and transducer... and for 2d I use the Airmar TM 150. I upgraded from the LSS-2.

TM 150 on transom and on the TM with the LSS-1. The LSS-1 pictures on downscan are excellent, sidescan is good on the TM.... and the SS3D module and transducer + Airmar are terrific.
    Tommy
    Prostaff
    Lowrance/Navico
    I second Tommy's opinion.
    See my post in the image interepretation section -- I have SS3D and TM150 on transom, with HST-WSBL in the hull and use the MinnKota US2 in my Terrova with good results.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

7. Member
    Hi Michael. Thanks for always giving valuable info. I can say that compared to most guys I run a lot of different equipment and switch and test a lot. I currently (and have had) 7 transducers on the boat and 4 head units from G3, Carbon and Live...so I can patch and switch between all the units and ducers. Although the viewing and opinion of the screen image is always up to each individuasl interpretation, there are always differences and after seeing them live and in person, the suggestions I made are my personal choice considering my options. I do still have the LSS-2, the LSS-1, a couple HST-WSBL's on transom with the TM 150 and a Vexilar, and a 3 in 1 in the box but I just do not see the need to move to the new ducer when the SS3D images are so good. Afraid the work to change just to test it would be wasted time...Probably only my Aqua Vue video would offer more info but WAY toooo much trouble for playing around sake. After a while obsessed tinkering can take over before you know it! More time fishing than tinkering :))) My 2 cents. :))
    Tommy
    Prostaff
    Lowrance/Navico

Quote Originally Posted by prostaff1 View Post

Tommy
    Prostaff
    Lowrance/Navico
    Agree...as I have posted before....ss3d with my carbon and running in tandem with it is the 2d airmar tm150 on the transom. Initially had a lss1 and the downscan was nothing but amazing. Thinking about incorporating the lss1 for downscan on the bow but currently running a hdi.

Waiting to see how this new TM from Lowrance pans out. The idea of having a brushless motor to curtail the interference the motor puts out will be important factor. The ability to change ducers within the TM will also be an added benefit.
    Last edited by drifter106; 07-04-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

9. Member
    nice thread...the different transducers really confuses me though...using a Gen2touch all around and happy with them..Is there a chart detailing the different lowrance transducers...

10. Member
    Well, I bought the new 3 in 1 active imaging transducer. Haven’t had a chance to really try it out yet. Hopefully I’ll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lykins Tr21 View Post
    nice thread...the different transducers really confuses me though...using a Gen2touch all around and happy with them..Is there a chart detailing the different lowrance transducers...
    This isn't a chart but it will show you the difference between various transducers from Lowrance.

Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykins Tr21 View Post
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=991415

13. Member
    Thank you gents

14. Member
    for those of you who have the tm 150 transducers where are you mounting it on the transom? will it not work in the bilge area? thanks

15. Member
    No, TM in TM150M is short for «Transom Mount». Airmar has several shoot-through models though so if that is your preferred way of mounting I suggest looking at those.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    for those of you who have the tm 150 transducers where are you mounting it on the transom? will it not work in the bilge area? thanks
    The in-hull (shoot through the hull) type that is similar to the TM150 is the P95M, same power, same freq range.

But, you should review this info about CHIRP transducer overheating before you go down that path --> http://www.airmartechnology.com/uplo.../17-573-01.pdf

You would need some sort of wet box in your bilge area to keep it cool...I think for the standard bassboat guy, the transom mount is the way to go...due to this.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D