Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2015 Nitro Z7 with 175 Pro XS

Hey guys, my Nitro Z7 top speed that I’ve got it to is 56mph. I’ve got a 175 Pro XS and I feel like my top speed should be a little more. Anyone’s top speed more than this with this set up?

2. Member
    Mine runs mid 60's with no jack plate,not sure what prop it has.

3. Member
    That’s what I think mine should run. I tried trimming the motor up more to see if I can get higher speed and it started beeping

4. Member
    Do you have a jack plate? If so you may need to lower the motor.

5. Member
    I don’t. I’ve got a stainless steel mercury marine tempest plus prop that’s 24 pitch

6. Member
    Same boat, I get 60 - 61 with the Opti Pro XS 150 and a 23P tempest plus with no jack plate. What hole is the motor mounted in on the transom? You have some setup issue going on there.

7. Member
    In the third hole (the middle one).
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    On my new Z18 with 175 Pro XS, no jackplate, the motor is mounted same hole. Running the Fury 3 blade 23 pitch prop. Top speed 62-64

Might be the prop?

9. Member
    I have the same boat. 2015 Z7 with the 175 Proxs. Typically run mid 60's tourney loaded. I do have a 6" manual jackplate and am running a 24 Tempest Plus. Do you have talons or poles? Do you run a 36volt troller? How much gas and tackle do you typically carry? Finally, what rpm's are you getting at top speed?

10. Member
    I don’t have any power poles or talons, 24V 80lb ultrex, I keep probably half a tank of gas or less usually. I haven’t ever filled it up and as far as tackle, my middle compartment in front of boat is about full and 1 of my back compartments are full with my dads tackle. Do you think that all of that and a second person would make that much difference in speed? I’m not sure what RPMs I’m running at top speed either

11. Member
    Sounds like you run about as much weight in your boat as I do in mine. My opinion is you should definitely be going faster. Next time out you need to get a good look at your rpm's when running full throttle. If you have a hotfoot there is a chance that you aren't actually getting to full throttle as you may need to get the cable adjusted. Is this boat new to you? Has it ever run faster for you?

12. Member
    No it’s new to me and I put a hot foot in it. It’s always run with top speed of 56. You think I should adjust my cable and see if it helps?

13. Member
    I had a new 2015 Z7 with a 175 Pro XS with the stock prop, 23p Tempest I think. With the factory ptp setting of about 4 inches it would scoot into lower 60's but would chine walk a lot and was hard to steer. I added an 8 inch Slide Master jack plate and moved the ptp to 2.5 inches and that tamed her. Would drive easily with 3 people up to 63mph gps and with only me would go 66mph gps.
    Last edited by texasfisher; 07-03-2019 at 12:37 PM.
    2017 Nitro Z21, 300XS, 24p Fury and Bravo1 XS 26p & 27p, 12' Talons, Gen3 12's, SonicHub2, 3DScan and 112 Ultrex and Fortrex.
    2017 Ranger Reata 223F, Mercury 150 Four Stroke, HDS12 Gen3, TotalScan, and Xi5

14. Member
    Once you know your full throttle RPM's you'll know if you need to adjust your throttle cable. If you aren't getting close to 5800 rpm's you aren't truly at full throttle. Good luck!

15. Member
    I think I’m going to check the throttle cable on my hot foot and see if that changes anything

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Frost7 View Post
    I think I’m going to check the throttle cable on my hot foot and see if that changes anything
    You need to do this for sure. Check the FAQ in the 2.5 liter Mercury forum to see hot foot adjustment.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by potomacbassin View Post
    You need to do this for sure. Check the FAQ in the 2.5 liter Mercury forum to see hot foot adjustment.
    Will do! I appreciate everyone’s help!

18. Member
    Forgot to ask and maybe I missed it above but did you run it before you put the hot foot in?
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

19. Member
    I did not run it before I put the hot foot in and I wish I had. But I checked the throttle and it’s got the .016 gap between the shutters and mechanical stop like the 2.5L Mercury Forum says. I’m not real sure what to do from here besides check the RPMs and see what they are at top speed. Anymore suggestions would be much appreciated guys! Thanks!

20. Member
    Sounds like you have too much prop. any z7 w a 150 ran best with a 22 tempest. Granted I was always fairly heavy loaded and ran the passenger console. If you can get a 23 tempest to try you should get more rpm and more speed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast