Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I’m not for sure, but I wanna say last time I was at top speed it was about 5500 RPMs
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo27 View Post
    Once you know your full throttle RPM's you'll know if you need to adjust your throttle cable. If you aren't getting close to 5800 rpm's you aren't truly at full throttle. Good luck!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Frost7 View Post
    I did not run it before I put the hot foot in and I wish I had. But I checked the throttle and it’s got the .016 gap between the shutters and mechanical stop like the 2.5L Mercury Forum says. I’m not real sure what to do from here besides check the RPMs and see what they are at top speed. Anymore suggestions would be much appreciated guys! Thanks!
    Also just as important is making sure that it returns to idle. If the mechanical arm inside the motor isn't against the idle stop when you start the motor then you won't reach full throttle either.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

3. Member
    24 fury all holes open and m love ur jack plate to around 2.75 ptp should be a good starting point. Should see 65 when set up properly
    2017 Z18
    175 ProXS
    Dual Poles
    Ultrex
    2 Garmin 93SV+

4. Member
    I plan on taking it out tomorrow and I’ll check and make sure it’s against the idle stop and see what my RPMs are at top speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by potomacbassin View Post
    Also just as important is making sure that it returns to idle. If the mechanical arm inside the motor isn't against the idle stop when you start the motor then you won't reach full throttle either.

5. Member
    I have exact same boat. 6" manual jackplate though. 3 1/2" prop 2 pad get 68.5 gps w/2 talons I and 2 big guys. That's with stock prop after fighting chine walk.

6. Member
    So I took it out today, topped out at 57.5 mph GPS, that was going down the Arkansas river and with the current. My RPMs were between 5500-5800. What do you guys think I should do to get max speed? Adjust my ptp or new prop?
    Last edited by P_Frost7; 07-06-2019 at 05:05 PM.

7. Member
    Easiest would be to try a different prop, or if you have a local prop shop have them check it and verify the pitch. It acts like you have too much pitch but a 175 should be able to spin that 24P with no issues. Definitely not the speed you should be seeing for the RPM's you are running.

8. Member
    That’s what I was thinking. But I had a hotfoot put in by the place i bought my boat so I could just get it done while they had it and I think it has to do with the set up of that. I’m not a boat expert on nitros or anything but from what I see people run in their 150 and 175 Pro XS, I should be running mid 60s or low 60s at least l. There are 150s running faster top speed than me. I went from a 60hp motor on a tracker to 175 on a nitro and I only gained 22mph, and that just blows my mind that it’s not more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12