Eagle Creek Reservoir

I heard today that at Eagle Creek if you put a boat on the water with a motor larger then 9.9, DNR will ticket you, confiscate your boat and all your equipment. Doesn't matter if the big motor is in the water or not. Has anyone else heard of this? I haven't been there in a couple of years but I always used a 9.9 kicker. I can understand getting a ticket for using a large motor, but seems a little unjust to confiscate a boat when using a 9.9.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

2. Member
    I saw this on Facebook on the Indiana walleye tourney forum that DNR was divesting itself from Eagle,Creek, no more fish surveys or stockings cause Eagle Creek stopped all big motors in boat launching and only boats with no more that 10 hp could launch.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&__tn__=%2As-R

All it took was a few guys firing their big motors up while club fishing and back to the old rules.

3. Banned
    Brian Waldman has been all over this on FB... actually got WRTV6 to come to EC and do a report.
    Seems as thought the sailboaters want their own private lake.

4. Member
    May there never be wind on eagle creek again !

It just doesn't make sense, but it is typical rule makers logic. Let's not enforce the code for a few years then in response to lets make the code more stringent. When I was there 2 years ago, a pleasure boat was idling around pulling 2 kids on a tube. The problem was it was 30 min after sunset and the boat had no lights. DNR was there but drove right by them and ignored them. I guess he had some fisherman to go harass. (Which I know for a fact he did)
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

6. Member
    it always has been a sail boat lake,they pretty much make the rules out there