Thread: Gatorbaks

Gatorbaks

Is anyone using these and if so, how do you like them?

2. Scraps
    I have them, put 'em on a new 2017 Phoenix. Biggest deal is I didn't realize at the time they weren't made for power loading. I power load regardless and have no idea what my hull looks like but the Gatorbaks are a little chewed up. They now make a set that is made for power loading in mind. I'm glad I upgraded cuzz I just heard about some 2018s with blister issues..
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Fishing my first season with them. I can tell you they seem to be very sticky by that I mean you will probably have to back your trailer in a little further than you used to. I must say the are totally dry after a short ride home. I'm satisfied so far definitely different than carpet.
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

4. mikesxpress
    Lots of in-depth reviews on BBC. Do a search. I was the 1st one to install them and have been running them since 3/15/14 and now have the new XP bunks that are power loadable.

What boat/trailer do you have?

5. Member
    Failed to mention that I have a 03 Champion 196, with whatever brand trailer was used at the time.

6. mikesxpress
    Rick have you had the Champ jacked up off the bunks and inspected the hull yet? Is your interest in Gatorbak's just a replacement for the carpet or something else?

7. Member
    One of these days I am going to get off my lazy ass and order a couple of 3 foot sections of Gatorback. I'm just going to cover the furthest back section of my bunks, that's the part that always wears out.

8. Member
    Mike, the hull is fine, I was just looking at Gatorbaks as a better alternative to carpet.

9. mikesxpress
    Great. The new XP bunks are available on the Gatorbak website. Measure the length of your bunks and the dimensional lumber size(s) and your ready to order.

10. Member
    I’ve got em under my boat and my next boat will too.

11. Member
    Put them on my 2017 Z21 before I ever broke the motor in after discovering hull blisters on my previous Z9. Lifted the boat off them to check at the end of the season after about 80 launch and loads and hull looks mint.

12. Member
    mine are 2 years and change old. Unless ramp is very steep, I don't have any need to powerload so I don't. few wear places on mine exist but should last for many more years. I would not go back to carpet
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947