Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    while weight and hull design effects this, it also a major situation with propeller choice.

A High Five on a Pantera II hull would be very hard to beat on wake, low planing and handling.

Which is why when we built Arkansas Game & Fish Enforcement boats in the late 90's and early 2000's, we placed 200 EFI engines with High Five propellers on officers boats. They ran into the higher 60's and 70 on a few, though would work easily and most could manage them.

BCB
    I bought a 25" High 5 for my 2007 P2/200 Opti for when I fish Sturgeon Bay, liked it so much it's my main prop now. I can stay on plane at 17 mph, rough water ride and handling are great, my holeshot is pretty much instant and fully loaded with gas, livewells and a partner and I can still run 62. Have had it to 66 with a lighter load. It will hit the rev limiter when it's cool out though.

2. Member
    As some is stated, the PII with a 4 blade prop (or more) will hold the boat on plane below 20 mph. Mine will and that is with dual consoles and power poles.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    my 08 classic will stay on plane at 21 mph. But you do have to drive it at that speed, and keep your hand on the throttle, as any significant wave/wake will wet more hull and drag you off plane quickly. Mine runs 25 easily and I have slowly gotten my wife to where she finds that acceptable. :) Note that this is with my normal fury 26p prop. A 21-22 prop would likely go slower and also be easier to drive since it would be up in the torque curve of the motor better than the 26p.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

4. Member
    My Sabre stays on plane at 14-15 Mph in calm water with just me in it and 1/2 fuel. This is with a Ronnie Gilbert tuned 26 Bravo 1xs @ 1/4” below flush. If I raise the motor any higher, the FAA would fine me.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertl69 View Post
    That seems to be a consistent theme here. While I have played with the JP a fair bit it has been primarily regarding holeshot and top end.

I've played with it some for the 'leisure cruising speed' but must admit I have not tried it that low especially for that specific purpose. I'll try some of those type ideas out ASAP and get back to you guys with a subjective view of the results.

THANKS!!

Sorry for the delay! I finally got around to working on this with all the awesome input; especially trying the JP at the bottom..... WORKS AWESOME!!!! Thanks Guys!!!!!

I have a degree in Engineering so I am feeling pretty stupid for not thinking about that but guess that's just one of the things that make this forum so great!

For those of you following some of my other threads, ALL issues now addressed:
    Lower speed on plane cruising: just lower the JP all the way down and trim as appropriate.....
    Lateral stability: (for me!) - admit if you are 50+ and don't spend all your time on the water, move the TM pedal back and use the bike seat!
    Speed: Fury 4 helped a ton and then Just get a little seat time - she is now a 70+ rig (easy and consistent) loaded HEAVY with full tanks full well, 2 fat guy, and EVERY compartment FULL (yes, can be done, LOL) and ME driving! No idea what she might do with a reasonable load and good driver!

Now, sadly, after all that, and back to LOVING my Lynx, I am probably about to sell her. Certain personal circumstances mean I will fish very little next year to three and may have some very high expenses coming up so cannot justify. Looks like will fish from my buddy's boat when I can, get to ride in every BCB model with my dealer to prep for my next rig and very likely end right back in a Lynx down the road! LOL

Thanks again for all the help!!!

6. Member
    I own a 2008 classic. Running a 26p fury 3 blade, it will stick on plane at around 20 mph with 3 people aboard, but it feels sluggish. With a 21-22p prop, it will hold that 18-20 speed pulling a skier or tube. A smaller pitch makes it much easier to control a boat at slow speed as you can keep the motor in its power band much easier. The 26p is struggling at 20mph, bogging the motor at times. Not the 21 or 22p prop.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12